Infinium in Freshwater

JOYFUL_REAPER

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Looking at used detectors and I found an Infinium LS is for sale.... But I havent really been able to turn up any decent reports of how well these machines work in freshwater? I know... PI-Start digging. But what else? Does it pick up Canadian coins? Deep detector? Can it detect small gold and jewlery? Steep learning curve? the underwater headphones for Garret: are they any good? Im looking heavily at a Tiger Shark, but I still have one hangup on that machine: here alot of lake bottoms are silt, and more then a meter thick alot of times, so stuff will likely be deep if it isnt a fresh target. I am a diver so it will be getting wet.

Thanks for any assistance.

Upvote 0

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had a tigershark for about 3 weeks. Today I found my first Canadian quarter. I was reworking an area of the park that I had worked with Quattro. When I got home I tried the coin on quattro an it barely hit at 2 inches and registered zinc. It usually air test bad though and detects deep. The tiger picks it up at 7 inches in air. I am taking it to Oregon beaches next month and expect a little trouble in surf. Works well in fresh water wet sand but must be internally adjusted when you have a black sand west coast salt beach. I especially like the 8 inch coil in trash. Don't dig many nails, there is usually a coin in the hole with the nail so double check. You will like the sturdiness, reliability and waranty of TS. I only use Quattro for depth because the sweep speed on Tesoro makes up for small coil.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go with the Infinium,it should be a better machine and I've heard It's sensative to gold.Good luck in makeing a choice.:leprechaun-hat:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an Infinium and it's a deep machine. It works best digging it all (what doesn't), and for that it can be a 'turn on and go' machine. It picks up small gold well.

Here's a guy that uses one:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/search.php?searchid=213433

He lives in Canada, and does well with the machine.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
check The AT PRO By Garrett Works Great in fresh Water I hear ... I use mine in salt water and its Great love it ....

OP
OP
J

JOYFUL_REAPER

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Primary Interest:
I have an Infinium and it's a deep machine. It works best digging it all (what doesn't), and for that it can be a 'turn on and go' machine. It picks up small gold well.

Here's a guy that uses one:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/search.php?searchid=213433

He lives in Canada, and does well with the machine.

Thanks for the help, and salutations.

Havent read much with the Infinium picking up small stuff (easy to find ppl saying the Tesoro is known for it though). The AT pro isnt submersible enough for my tastes. And the link doesnt seem to work....

If other people have points to add I would LOVe to hear them! Thanks guys!

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meter thick silt is a real problem. No detector will work. Larger coil needed, but small coils find small gold. I think I would base my purchase on other places I was likely to use it. The versatility of the Tiger helped to sway me!

OP
OP
J

JOYFUL_REAPER

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Primary Interest:
Meter thick silt is a real problem. No detector will work. Larger coil needed, but small coils find small gold. I think I would base my purchase on other places I was likely to use it. The versatility of the Tiger helped to sway me!
well thats pretty much the game here.... sand around the swimming areas (most times) and the rest is muck, some lakes have really jagged rocky bottoms, granite and such otherwise "prairie gumbo" - thick sticky mud.
Its known as "Canadian Shield" where I do most of my diving, lotsa iron in the ground to mess up cell phone reception and such....
AT Pro and Whites XLT used in land searches in the Province that I have seen, but not near the lakes I dive in........ (is it always so nearve wracking getting your first detector? lol)

Aka Nameless

Aug 13, 2008
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Infinium LS, Tejon, F3, CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Infinium works great in harsh soil, but it's very sensitive and deep, which is a good thing on a saltwater beach where thin iron corrodes after a while, but you will most likely go nuts digging iron in freshwater, where it corrodes very slowly so ends up building up to painful amounts.

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the tiger shark simple but very affective and built like a tank!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread