Grey Ghost Waterproof Headphones for AT Pro

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am considering buying the Grey Ghost waterproof headphones for my new AT Pro instead of the Garrett waterproof headphones.

I have a few questions that maybe some members can answer that have the Grey Ghosts or even better if they have tried both.

1.) Do they have the same plug to plug them in to the waterproof AT headphone jack?
Or is there an adapter or do you have to do modifications or send it in for mods?

2.) What do they mean by "Underwater-pluggable bulkhead connector is standard". (Anybody have a picture of it?)

1.) Are they any better than the garrett waterproof headphones? If so why?

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grey Ghost is one of all best Headphones for metal detector. You buy it with your EYE: closed eye

OP
OP
Ace350

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I can't believe there is no one on this forum including the sponsors that have an answer.
The AT-Pro is a popular waterproof detector. Does everyone only use the stock Garrett waterproof headphones with the At-Pro when it is used in wet conditions?

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I can't believe there is no one on this forum including the sponsors that have an answer.
The AT-Pro is a popular waterproof detector. Does everyone only use the stock Garrett waterproof headphones with the At-Pro when it is used in wet conditions?

I needed headphones for my CZ20 and asked the same question here and there was a member that volunteered to do the fix for me. The headphones came with 2 little plugs and then you had to tell the place you buy it to add another connection that makes it connect to your specific detector. The CZ20 is hardwired so it connected inside the detector. Yours actually has a plug so it may be much easier or maybe even harder. Call DetectorPro and ask them and they will surely be able to answer your questions (800) 367-1995. BTW I absolutely loved the headphones. Good Luck

JimH

Jul 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need to locate Grey Ghost underwater headphones before the weekend for Garrett AT PRO

Does anyone in the mid-atlantic region know a MD vendor that will sell & customize a pair of Grey Ghost underwater headphones for the Garrett AT PRO? My AT PRO will be arriving soon, but their underwater headphones are not in stock, and they told me that the Grey Ghost underwater headphones were not built for the AT PRO. I've seen the previous discussion, and if possible, would like to contact a vendor close to Maryland before my trip. Thanks in advance!

Jim H

OP
OP
Ace350

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the best I can do for ya.

atprogg

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the best I can do for ya.

atprogg

I ordered my ATP with the Garrett waterproof phones for the ATP and find them exceptable. I love the Black Widows which I use on the Sov GT but if I wanted a set for my Excal I would get the Grey Ghost because of the quality.

OP
OP
Ace350

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart at Big Boys Hobbies (405) 206-9010 has the stock Garrett underwater headphones in stock I believe. He just sent me a pair today. Call him and see if he has more. He is a forum sponsor he gives great deals to forum members and is a great vendor to deal with. He also ships the same day you order and I'm sure he can send it express if you need it in a day or two.

Last edited:

JimH

Jul 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all who replied. Unfortunately, Kellyco is out of stock, and I don't think they've got the customized adapter already built-in to the AT PRO.. Indinationsdetectors, may have oen in stock now, and could possibly delvier them in time....cross your fingers. Appreciate the responses!

JimH

Jul 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, our friends over at indiandetectors.com came through! I'll have my modified Grey Ghost underwater headphones ready before we take off for the beach! Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread