Sov GT and Excalibur are both detectors only to detect fine gold chain.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• DSC01875.JPG
    DSC01875.JPG
    635.5 KB · Views: 268
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has to have a large clasp or charm etc on it to be seen, never bothered me since there is little gold value in thin chains.

If I am not going in the water I perfer my sov gt at the salt beaches.

OP
OP
hamiddetecting

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has to have a large clasp or charm etc on it to be seen, never bothered me since there is little gold value in thin chains.

If I am not going in the water I perfer my sov gt at the salt beaches.
The Sov GT is best but in other hunt i disagree with you the gold is gold. DSC01256.JPG

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
hamiddetecting

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes gold is gold, but I don't loose any sleep at all not finding any of the tiny thing gold chains.....
Drop, drop so we get great river. On day on one day to be rich.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of people hunt for the big gold and want to move a little faster. Some dont waste time on earrings or studs or anything that drops thru the scoop. Me.... id kill for some gold chains lol. You are right thou they are almost impossible to find without having a clasp or something larger. Me i dig it all.... even them darn stinken Lincolns.

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful Finds Hami,I would just be so happy if I ever find even any Gold!!!!!!:headbang:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The surfmaster PI is good on gold chains. gold cross chain.jpg
Found this end of last summer. Frank

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
In August I found a gold chain with a medalian. I found it with my Whites Dual Field. I got home and took the medalian off the chain and checked the chain by itself to see if the dual field would see it. It did NOT. I also have an Aquasound with a 10" coil, and it did NOT see the chain. I have a Radio Shack detector with an 8" coil and it did NOT see the chain. However, I also have a Tesorro Tiger Shark with a 3"x16" Clean Sweep DD coil on it. Now this detector/coil combo only gets a max of about 6" on a quarter, but it saw the gold chain at 3". It was hard to believe, but the Tesorro Tiger Shark was the only detector I have that was able to see the chain, and it is certainly not the most expensive one I have. I do not have a Minelab, but I understand that it will not see a thin chain like the one I tested. (I posted the Chain in: "Its been a long dry season, a Few firsts for me")(I can't seem to figure out how to post the photo in this thread.) Hamid, Good luck finding the big gold and the small gold. HH, Papa

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hamid,

Good work on finding the gold chains.... gold is gold....big, small and medium it all adds up.

Regards + HH

Bill

NYwaterhunter

Jul 23, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Opinion:
Excal is supperior over the compitation when it comes to big gold rings however not on small gold targets.
I agree that I won't loose any sleep with missing tiny gold chains, but the problem is when there is a fatty patty diamond in an earring. It is much harder to pick earrings out of the crowd than it is big gold. Thats with all machines. So why not stick with the big gold?
I still wouldn't go with any other machine except the Excal. I have sold about 20 Excal's through recommending to family and friends. I have experience with: Explorer,Detector Pro Wader /pulse diver, Tiger Shark (good on small gold), DFX, Sovern.
I think of it as having a tool box full of tools. Pick the right one for the particular job you are trying to do.
As far as finding chains, it depends on if they are sitting stretched out or in a ball. Pendant makes them easy to find.
Anyways, Nice chain Hamid!

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hamid, the chain with the pendant looks like a neat "eye of Ra",

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread