Wet Sand vs. Shallow Water

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find the most gold Hip-deep in the surf at low tide. The wet sand and ankle deep is where EVERYBODY hunts.

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2
I find just as much gold in the wet sand as I do in the water....

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most spots I hit are hammered from chest deep in - so I have to go deeper
usually - in season some spots can be good if I hit at right time and no ones been in awhile
but got a lot of competition for the shallows at most spots

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello::goldtrophy:I like hunt on the wet sand in low tide. Much gold there. The first is when i found big cut sand ant its very inclined. Much gold chains, gold pendants and fine gold.:find:8-):laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello::goldtrophy:I like hunt on the wet sand in low tide. Much gold there. The first is when i found big cut sand ant its very inclined. Much gold chains, gold pendants and fine gold.:find:8-):laughing7:

I have to agree with Hamid. Typically, gold can be lost and found anywhere on the beach and on the hunting average days I've found just as much in the water and wet sand. But I am "always" on the lookout for any changes in the beach (below or above the surface) that have created a cut or trench with steep, or sharp "beachside" bunkers, and they don't have to be all that deep. Every time I find one of these I nearly always leave with some goodies.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Heck, its everywhere people are, wet, dry, in the water. I hunt it all ....you just never know. You just have to be lucky enough to run your coil over it ..my advice,,,,hunt it all.......

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2
most spots I hit are hammered from chest deep in - so I have to go deeper
usually - in season some spots can be good if I hit at right time and no ones been in awhile
but got a lot of competition for the shallows at most spots

Yeah because you already hammered them :laughing7:..... trick is to find those spots no one would think to hunt ;)

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont ask me i cant find squat!!!!!:laughing7: i try and hunt from waist deep at low tide all the way up to the high tide mark.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Heck, its everywhere people are, wet, dry, in the water. I hunt it all ....you just never know. You just have to be lucky enough to run your coil over it ..my advice,,,,hunt it all.......

Ditto!

Lorraine

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget the parking areas too. Been quite productive for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread