DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might try putting the biggest washers you can fit under the bolt heads that run through the handle and on the other end under the nuts and tighten as good as you can. I think that would help a lot. If you have a gap between the handle and the scoop you could use washers as spacers to fill in the gap. I took another look at it and it looks like you have a gap between the front of the handle and the scoop. You could cut a slice of wood a little thicker than the gap and loosen the bolts a little and slide the piece of wood in there and retighten the bolts. Good luck.
DANGLANGLEY

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It has a space on all 4 sides of the handle. Yea, good idea. maybe wood door shimeys will work. Align them and drill holes for bolt to go through. I wonder what do you guys with prostock scoops do?

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With habit, day after day, evroexcavator v.4 .jpg you learn the technics of detecting

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
used a wedge. i have the sme scoop. posthole diggers come in different sizes also.

Yooper14

Jun 9, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Deleon, Tejon
Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a bit of an eccentric when it comes to my scoop handles, but I make my own. I cut a maple or oak sapling, strip the bark, and let it dry. Then I get out my draw knife, chisels, and saws and go to work. I find it rewarding and I can create it to the exact dimensions I prefer.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, shims or maybe a paint mixing stick. I sacrificed an old wooden ruler. It did the trick.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldnt put too many more drill holes in it. Some form of aluminum in the front and back with SS washers on the bolts. You will find it takes more wear and tear on the front and back.

Dew

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks guys! i used washers in between wood and inside of scoop handle compartment pushed bolts through and hammered one wood shime in the front. Bout ready to go to matagorda beach!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread