Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your scoops but it does happen when you dig a lot. Enjoyed your video.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your scoops but it does happen when you dig a lot. Enjoyed your video.
Thanks Les. I figured I'd have a problem with the wooden handle before the welds would be an issue.

I don't dig that much, do I? :laughing7:

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the video Willy, the backup scoop saved the day and just enforces why we hold onto any back up gear.........good hunt

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the video Willy, the backup scoop saved the day and just enforces why we hold onto any back up gear.........good hunt
No arguement there. Thanks for the reply DaleGM.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a heck of a lot of bottle caps were you hunting in AM? Digging those really takes it tole on a scoop..... they get down there deep. Not every days a happy dance day. Just not much on the dry/wet sand around here either.

Dew

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Bummer about the scoop! Don't feel bad, I broke all the welds, bucket completely came off the shaft on an RTG unit. Had a local guy welder up cheaply. Lemme know if ya need a number to have it patched. He's in the Palm Harbor area.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the vid....sorry about the scoop...smart to have a backup.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys.

Dewcon: I run my Sov GT in Disc at 0. About half of the caps were surface finds. Sanded in pretty bad here. I dug a beer can at about a foot. I could see the lighter sand and shell layer just beneath the can.

DewGuru: I appreciate the welder info offer. I put out the word to friends and family. Within 30 min I got 2 offers, so I should have it taken care of.

Lookindown: It was just dumb luck that I didn't sell it a while back. Sometimes things just work out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread