Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today my wife was looking at the local garage sale website for Okinawa. It's amazing what some of these people post at times. I've seen lots of great deals on stuff from military members who are leaving, but on occasion, you see something like this...

Lostkeys.jpg

So my wife showed me the ad, and after a few messages, Jason and I were to meet her where she lost her keys.

We arrived a little early and started hunting the wet sand before she showed up. We didn't have to wait long, as she arrived about 5 minutes later.

She told us the story on how the keys were lost, and to be honest, it wasn't going to be easy. It was a larger area than we thought... having expected something half the size she pointed out for us to scour.

But after a quick start, the keys were found in about 5 minutes. Jason being the homing beacon he is, zoned right in on them in short order.

We parted ways shortly thereafter, and I got a photo of Jason with the lady and her keys. I'll let him post that and recount the story.... MY story starts here....

After we returned the keys and they left, Jason and I decided to stay for a while longer to see what else we could find.

It was raining and a little wavey, but we didn't care. Thank God the Excals are waterproof.

We take off in the same areas we started in, and within 5 minutes I get this banger of a signal..... 1/2 scoop later, this baby sits in the scoop...

004-24.jpg

It's not big... weighing in at a measley 2.29 grams, but like I said before... I'll build my gold stash one gram at a time. And I'll point out that this one makes 3 gold rings in the last 3 hunts. No complaints there 8-)

003-34.jpg

The rest of the hunt only yeilded some fishing weights and minor change. 55 cents and 61 yen to be exact.

So look for Jasons post in the near future. I'm sure he'll like that Honorable Mention tag on his profile, so be sure to take a look.

Happy Hunting!!!

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt,Gold is always nice.:notworthy:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
That's a beautiful ring find, Bobby!

Congrats on that find, and congrats to Jason on the keys find..well done!

Lorraine

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
a couple of more grams on the gold pile... well done Pins.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread