Upvote 0

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Depends on the age and condition of the unit. Remembering that some are NOT able to be repaired By Minelab due to parts availbilty. You may be able to find someone to fix an older unit. But rememberiung again some parts are proprietary and can't be had! The best advice is only buy it if you can hold and see it. You have no clue how it was cared for in a photo. Not washing off each use with soap and water will lead to problems. IMHO

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a used excal 1000, blue headphones for $475 and it is still working perfectly 18 months later. Bought another for $750, blue headphones, it is also still working fine 4 years later....

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can get them for 450-550 at the low end but you better see it first and act quickly!!!!!!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would most likely pass out if I found a xcal 1000 for under 500.00 I just dont have that kinda luck.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything electronic you are taking a chance new or used. But you do have a warranty. Used is a whole lot cheaper than new even if you have to pay to repair it down the line as long as you get one that can be repaired. More of the ole reliables are starting to get dropped from the repair list. Surprisingly some of those are the better machines if you can get them right.

Dew

OP
OP
poptop

poptop

Jun 6, 2012
ruskin fl
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, minelab excal 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one off ebay $625, the guy is on another forum, he's done some modifications,, sent me pics and a vid as long as it makes it threw the summer i'll be happy, also im keeping my at pro, im trying not to get caught up in 3030 fever I do want one but going to wait

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
Starting to see more and more Excal on ebay. Many users upgrading to CXT 3030. Excal prices are going down. Alot of nice machines at nice prices. A nice 800 blue on ebay now in a hard case. Hard case is always a good sign of being well taken care of. Some have up to 14 days to return, can't go wrong with that. I can't decide to get CXT 3030 or more CZs, or Vi3 and Etracs. The deals are looking so good:icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread