What kinda scoop is this????

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this scoop in a deal with a detector. I am going to sell it, but would like to have some info on it. All Stainless, very nicely made and weighs about 2 1/2 lbs. Any info is appreciated!

Aaron

028-1.jpg

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like one of the original Sunspot scoops, it has the 90 degree handle. I think they have gone to an angled handle now.... How long ago did you get it? How much do you want for it?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its called a ProScoop...ProStockDetectors has them for $189 without the handle...they usually have them on Ebay.

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatcha gonna ask for it?

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got mine from Down Under detectors and love it. I put the Beach Brute aluminum handle on it. That scoop drains fast and keeps the stud ear rings. If it is a area with lots of small shells then it holds those small pieces of shell and finding your target in it is more difficultl

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to rethink getting rid of that scoop! Round holes hold onto sand/debris more greedily--square holes release faster and easier--sort of a physics thing going on here--ha!The square holes in it would be faster and better to release sand and debris than a round holed one--That one appears to be type where you just put one handle from a post hole digger in it--which is really strong. Bet it would work like crazy down at a sandy beach!

Last edited:
OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmm, guess I may consider keeping it.....I'm just not a fan of the 90 degree scoops. I am so used to my RTG Pro Aluminum.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to buy it as a back up, I also do not like 90 degree handles, I was going to go to a metal shop and have them make a handle with a bend in it like the Beach BruteII

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one as well and thought id hate the 90 degree handle. Man i find it so much better at retaining targets in the bucket. Like Les said if you arent in the shells .... shake it as you bring it up and its almost empty by time you look inside. You have to lean a bit further forward but i dont loose nearly as many targets floating out of it. I DONT like the foot part on the back.... Les changed his and looks good. But ive gotten used to it now and wont change it. Ill take this over an RTG any day. Im not certain they are going to be making these much longer.

Dew

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Proscoop you have there is the smaller 8 inch size. I bought one when i had a wrist injury and needed a smaller scoop. The full size scoop is 9.5 inches wide. The 8 inch makes a GREAT dry sand scoop as it sifts so fast. My wrist has healed and I am now going to get the full size Proscoop, they are that good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread