Florida east coast

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Let's hope this latest front is enough to 1) remove all that crappy fill dirt the Feds used to"renourish" the beaches and 2) remove enough sand for us beachhunters to find the "old stuff"

Small Craft Advisory remains in effect from 1 am EST Friday through Friday afternoon
Gale Warning remains in effect from Friday afternoon through Saturday morning
Small Craft Advisory remains in effect from Saturday morning through Sunday evening

Forecast as of 4:03 PM EST on November 2, 2006
Coastal Waters From Cocoa Beach To Jupiter Inlet Out 20 Nm-

Tonight
North winds 10 to 15 knots increasing to 15 to 20 knots after midnight. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy. Slight chance of showers.
Friday
Northeast winds 15 to 20 knots becoming north 20 to 25 knots late with frequent gusts to gale force late in the afternoon . Seas 6 to 9 feet. Intracoastal waters rough. Slight chance of showers.
Friday Night
Northeast winds 25 to 30 knots with frequent gusts to gale force. Seas 9 to 12 feet. Intracoastal waters very rough. Slight chance of showers.
Saturday
Northeast winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 9 to 12 feet. Intracoastal waters rough.
Saturday Night
East winds around 20 knots. Seas 8 to 11 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy.
Sunday
Northeast winds 20 to 25 knots diminishing to 20 knots late in the afternoon. Seas 8 to 11 feet. Intracoastal waters rough. Slight chance of showers.
Sunday Night
East winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 7 to 10 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy. Slight chance of showers.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gdaddyflex, what part of Orlando you in? I'm out in NW Orlando, close to Hiawassee and 441 and Maitland Blvd and Rose/Bearlake rd. Maybe we can get together sometime and hunt the beaches. ;D

FYI, your website link in your profile isn't working.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
There will be a negative tide (-0.13) at 12.32 am on Sunday the 5th. Get out the flash lights. :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a head flash lite and floating flash lites, I think I will hunt that tide. Just not sure what coast. Last couple trips out to Daytona and Coca produce nothing. Where you hunting?

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
I will probably start at Sebastian and work my way back to Cocoa Beach.
Always worth a try..

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
I completely agree, Treasure_Hunt - I was at Daytona last weekend - got up to drive the hour and a half in the dark - and came home with the smallest amount of clad I'd ever found. And nuthin' else. I'm thinking about heading back out there on Sunday - but, jeez, I'd hate to have a repeat of last weekend!
Ruth

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am heading out there tonight for the low -tide. I see from the beach cams the waves are hitting the seawalls right now. Might get lucky there, if not at the beach then maybe when I return. ;)

Maybe I will see you there. ;D

OP
OP
M

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
So who all went and what was found????

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Well!
I didn't go, so you could say I found just about as much as I did the weekend before!
But that's OK - there are some more beach hunting weekends in my future.
Ruth

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well....................
I went.........
I wasn't impressed, sand removed in a few areas...but didn't get back towards the dunes far enough. But, it is ready for the next blow...hopefully quite a few windy days this winter.
I did manage to find some shipwreck material...bronze square spike, lead sheathing...but not much else. I am sure if you had your favorite spot picked out and worked it, maybe a cob or two to show for all the hours...I haven't got any updates yet as to others.

I did have good luck with the modern gold...almost a ounce total.
I left 3/4 of a nice ring (mult rubies) up high, broke it while digging...and when I saw the gold I did bring up...I thought it was a earring...until I got it home and realized it was a ring. So it's still there just sanded in now...lol

Trez

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to Daytona, I found 3 1$ bills and a 5$ bill plus about 6$ in clad, 2 Walmart shopping cards with no balances and 1 ITunes gift card worth 50$ all on the wet beach at the low tide line. I think someone lost a wallet judging from what I found.

There was errosion up by the seawall but no cuts in the beach close to low tide line that I could find. I tried to work the surf, but it was way too rough and cold to stay in it with waves of 4 to 5 feet. Wind was blowing in the 30's.

I have a long sleeve shortie wetsuit, but I need a farmer john to work the atlantic in the winter here when its like that. I have my eye on ebay at this time for one. I have been checking garage sales and surfshops/sports shops for used ones, but no mens xl yet.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Well I didn’t make it to Sebastian but hunted from Sheppard Park to the pier. Lots of signals and lots of clad, one toe ring. Ya never know unless you go…

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats why I go, I am 100% guaranteed not to find anything if I just sit home and don't go.

I am wanting to work some different beaches now, so I'm going to try St Pete, Clearwater area one weekend. Like to make a trip down south and work the Hollywood to South beach area one weekend as well.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasure_hunter said:
Thats why I go, I am 100% guaranteed not to find anything if I just sit home and don't go.

I am wanting to work some different beaches now, so I'm going to try St Pete, Clearwater area one weekend. Like to make a trip down south and work the Hollywood to South beach area one weekend as well.
If you ever make it to Hollywood,let me know.Maybe we can get together with BigCypress and Surfrat96.We're all down here.BigC went to Hollywood bch last night.Workers were doing some digging around the broadwalk to put in a wall or something.He got down in the trench they were digging and pulled up several silver coins and some other stuff,no clad at all! I haven't found out what else he found yet.He was very excited and called me up to tell me about it.Surfrat96 water detects SoBe alot,finds alot of gold jewelry lately.

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5
Treasure hunter, I have a XL here in Ocala that is to small for me to use. If you want to try it your welcome to see if it works for you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sherpa, Just sent you a private message.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions