dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone else noticed that gold rings seem to have disappeared?

A guy came up to me in the water yesterday who lost his wedding band. I spent 2 hours looking for it yesterday but never did find it. After hitting several beaches today without any luck I went back to where he lost his ring and gave it another try. After about an hour I found it. It's .925 with a 14K braid around it. Very nice ring. I gave him my email addy yesterday and he just happened to email me as I was on my way home. Needless to say he's pretty happy. He's gonna pick it up tomorrow.

I also found an NHL Boston Bruins ring too.

617a.jpg

617b.jpg

Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, have noticed the same absence of gold. Not sure if it's due to the recent conditions here on the east coast or if it's simply a sign of the times. :dontknow: I have noticed a distinct absence of the middle-aged at the beach this year. Seems most of the beachgoers are high schoolers or really young couples with children. And I'm not seeing as much gold being worn on the beach. So, just not sure what's up yet. On the other hand, I do know that there has been some big ticket items lost in the past few days. Things were looking up a bit until the recent eastern winds and now all the troughs that were forming are suddenly filled with sand again. So I think it's a combination of things. Perhaps less gold on the beach and what is there is simply being covered to swiftly.

poptop

Jun 6, 2012
ruskin fl
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, minelab excal 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on returning the mans ring!!!

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds and the return. :thumb_up:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Congrats on the return! It was great talking with you Saturday! All I left with was the one ear ring, pull tabs & bottle caps! Hey i think that I need to change my name to Tabs & Caps! lol Hope to catch you out in the surf later this week!

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You did good .Congratulations on the ring return. Gold has been [h=3]nonexistant the past couple of months . Your CZ21 seems to be serving you well . :thumbsup:[/h]

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job finding the wedding band and getting it returned
to the owner and congrats on the Bruin's ring. Nice.......
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats good karma it will come back to you ten fold...Thanks for being a true human being with a MD.!:headbang:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Two nice rings and one returned. Congrats! Always a great feeling to return a ring that means something special to the owner.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job, I wish you luck next hunt.

OP
OP
dc426

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here's a pic of the happy man who got his ring back.
DC
bob.jpg

gus

Oct 15, 2004
last few years i have been seeing tungsten and titanium wedding bands. With the price of gold I can understand why there is less gold out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread