St .Pete beach few targets tonight

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Well I made it out to St. Pete beach for 4 hours, at low tide, the beach is still sanded in. Oh well it was a nice evening to be in the surf hunting the elusive ring. Did the knee deep surf, junk. Did the waist deep surf, junk. Did the chest deep surf, junk and one tiny lil silver stud earring. 38 cents in change! After all these years of the old style pull tabs being replaced with the rectangular pull tabs still pulling dozens out every time at this beach, and only 1 rectangular pull tab! One day we will get them all. NOT!!!!! Where are the rings, bracelets, and other pieces of jewelry? ???

Upvote 0

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pass-a-grill or St. Pete beach?

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to that same beach every yeararound november1st,I love fishing at the jetty at the end of pass-a-grill.I do all my metal detecting at home south of boston.Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very pretty and serene there.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
kc10bull,

Yeah, saw you in the water. I went into the surf about halfway down Pass-a-Grille beach and saw you half a block to my north. I recognized the scoop you were using with the picture posted on your icon. You looked like you were working your way northbound so I headed to the south.

I saw another fella further to my south by the concession stand heading south...

I really got to wondering what my chances were of finding anything with the water being worked this much.

So, I was only able to find one gold ring today and a walking liberty ..... okay, I'm lying, nothing but junk, but I can dream. A couple of bobby pins, two old pull tabs, one new, and a small collection of bottle caps. That's it, really disappointing. Except for the beach part, I always enjoy that.

The next afternoon I went just north of the Don and started hunting. Nothing there either except some cute girls playing volleyball behind a bar. 2 girls a side, and they appeared to be semi-pros or college beach teams. They were pretty good. So, it was a nice diversion to not finding anything.

It's been a couple of years since I've hit anything good on these beaches. I don't know why it's so dry in the gem and coin department... oh- yeah, did find a whole nickel.

I'll keep trying tho- that next low-hi-low tone, just might be the mother load!

Happy hunting-

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No pictures;):occasion14:

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
KC...its been like that all over Pinellas. 3 hours at Clearwater and only 63 cents and a clip on earing.

clearwatermike

Oct 29, 2011
Clearwater, FL
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Slim pickins in Clearwater for me, too. I was thinking of heading down to St Pete Sunday night...thanks for saving me the trip! Of course with this weather system out there, things may be mixed up a little by then! HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread