sifter I made

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Casper was nice enough to give me some of the items nedded to get this thing started. I took what he gave me and went to the depot to pick up the remainder of items needed. This one measures about 4 feet square. There is NO metal at all on it, so I am able to run the detector over it or use a pinpointer...Items that I used were 3 inch PVC pipe along with 4 - 90 degree elbows. I used 1/2 an old wooden childs gate for strength on the bottom. Then used a vexar plastic screen with 1/4 inch holes to catch the small stuff. I zip tied it all around the edges, and also glued it together so it's water proof. NO xtra floatation needed with this puppy. As you can see with the rocks inside she is very strong and sterdy. There is about 30 lbs of rocks inside and still floating. No noodles needed. If you have any questions on how to make it. e - mail me. @ [email protected] I also put a short rope on it with a brass clip so it won't rust... The clip can also be used along with a 2 lb dive weight if you prefer not to tag it along with you.Thanks for looking. sifter 2.jpg sifter.jpg

Upvote 0

trsrseeker

May 10, 2011
FL / NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field, Excaliber 11, Sovereign, CTX 3030
Nice - the no metal makes a huge difference. Being able to run my detector over my sifter with a couple of scoop loads in it saves a lot of time.

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. I'm actually almost done with something very similar but mine has legs. Mine is PVC and netting as well. Never considered it floating which is very cool. Lowes and home depot are both out of the elbow pieces I need to complete it. This is a really really nice design.

lostlugnut

Greenie
May 16, 2012
Emerald Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where would someone find that mesh. I was looking for some but all I found was thin strip rolls for covering gutters.

Thanks

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
home D **** or L**** has it by the roll.....
Where would someone find that mesh. I was looking for some but all I found was thin strip rolls for covering gutters.

Thanks

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made one with metal screen wire. Yours is much better! I put the screen on the top instead of putting it in the center. I like having it above the water so I can see what's there and it's easy to push down to sift the sand and dirt out. Great job!

001.JPG

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm definitely going to look for that vexar plastic screen when I go back for my PVC elbows. In lieu of metal mesh, I have bird netting. Feels very strong and the holes seem small enough, but again, I think your screen looks more substantial.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. Well done.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Leighton, you are very talented to have made such a great looking sifter!

Casper is a good friend to have helped you with the parts.

Good luck using it out there!

Lorraine

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks professionally done, job well done in my book.

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
wow thank all of you treasure hunters for the kudos... Now I need to see a nice glimmer of that yellow stuff on the bottom of it and it will have been all worth it... Happy Hunting

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Whydah, it won't take you long to put some gold in that sifter ..you've been on a roll for a while now.

Lorrainde

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Whydah, it won't take you long to put some gold in that sifter ..you've been on a roll for a while now.

Lorrainde
Hello Lorraine, Thanks for that confidence.... seems like we have to go deeper and deeper now for the stuff that counts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread