Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: My Family Is Embarrassed To Be Near Me On The Beach

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2009
    NC USA
    Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT, Garrett Infinium
    676 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Man you guys are some diehards. MD'n before family? Thanks for the marriage advice....I think I will keep her.

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    Xcal, Minelab SE, DFX, MXT
    526 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I believe its more about time away from them. Im just not one to set around on the couch trying to think of things to do. She like to putter around the house all day or go shopping..... ALL day which isnt my thing. So we have come to an understanding. When there is something needing do..... i get-ur-done. Im lucky her sisters just moved within a mile of us. Girl time.... which i support. She really is supportive.... just not interested. But ..... happy wife happy life..... ensure you give your family equal time. Its nice being retired....... nothing but time.

Dew

us
    Jun 2009
    Bradenton, Fl
    Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
    1259 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    Detecting is very addictive! When I started metal detecting years ago I lived in Louisiana. I found an old area that was producing silver coins from the 1800's. When I got off work I would go to the old church site and hunt till dark. One evening I came home and as I walked into the bedroom I noticed the bed looked lumpy. I pulled back the cover and there was one of my metal detectors resting under the covers. I got the hint!

May 2012
    I am fortunate enough to have a wife who loves MDing as much as I do! We hunt together with our kids! I work offshore so I have weeks at a time home and MDing provides us a fun outdoor activity! Listening to y'all makes me feel like a lucky man!

us
    Feb 2012
    Minelab SE Pro 18" Excelerator Coil Minelab CTX 3030 06 Smart Coil 17 Smart Coil Garret Propointer
    205 times
    Relic Hunting
    Nothing better than detecting in a speedo. You get tan and get to show off. As a competitive swimmer, I say, go for it!

us
    Jan 2007
    South Carolina
    Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
    57 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    The only pic that has stuck in my mind is......"Borat" and his yellow bathing suit...Geeeeezzz...make it go away........

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    1908 times

I wish you ALL happy hunting,
    I dont have a wife but i search a girl who use metal detector.
    Native Floridian and kiana7 like this.
    One third jewelry of the World are under sand so far
    Finds2014
    Coins usables=800
    Silver= 8 pieces
    Gold= 2 Rings

us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    Left coast of Florida
    GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / Garrett Pro-pointer
    2396 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimDon View Post
    I think I will keep her.
    Kinda removes your rights to complaining then...
    kiana7 and lookindown like this.
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

Charter Member
    us
    Lady Pirate

Jul 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
    454 times
    Oh yeah , forgot to mention...any man wearing a "speedo" just looks down right nasty. Never did like the looks of it, even back in the day. Actually, all the women that I've talked too over the years think they are "gross". I have never met one woman who liked them, not one. And also I am a happy camper that my husband enjoys my metal detecting. He is looking forward to going with me some when I get to Wyoming. He keeps an eye out and tells me of places that he notices that might be of interest to me. He is a geologist, so being outside looking at all types of rocks and formations are his thing. He teaches me things and I teach him what I find out.
    kiana7 and hamiddetecting like this.

us
    More Gold your Majesty!

Jun 2012
    Valhalla
    Garrett Ace 350
    2 times
    Metal Detecting
    Just to clarify here, I don't own a speedo, nor do I ever plan on wearing one, my family just keeps teasing me about it saying that if I'm going to go geek I may as well go for the full package and wear a speedo while I MD. Loving this conversation tho, haha!
    New To Metal Detecting
    Found Items:
    US Coins: 60: Face Value = $5.12
    Foreign Coins: 1
    Clad: 0 Troy ounces
    Jewelry: 2
    Relics: 0

us
    Mar 2012
    Ft Myers, Florida
    Excal, Sov GT
    488 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I'm lucky in thay my wife fully supports my hobbies. She has some rules though. Like if I crash my motorcycle make sure it kills me because she's not spoon feeding me for the rest of my life. You know basic stuff like that!!!

Seriously, it's a good relationship where freedom to try and do new things doesn't have a payback. WE both understand what the priories are and no hobby is in that category.

May 2008
    Connecticut
    Sand Shark
    26 times
    I go in the morning or later...

us
    Jul 2010
    Elmdale, Michigan
    Currently back to a Vx3 withe D2 coil ti'l I can save for the V3i. Previous detectors include: Cz3d, CZ20, Vx3, Explorer SE Pro, XLT, MXTx2, Classic ID, Vaquero, Cibola, F2, Ace 150
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Les West Central Fl View Post
    Detecting is very addictive! When I started metal detecting years ago I lived in Louisiana. I found an old area that was producing silver coins from the 1800's. When I got off work I would go to the old church site and hunt till dark. One evening I came home and as I walked into the bedroom I noticed the bed looked lumpy. I pulled back the cover and there was one of my metal detectors resting under the covers. I got the hint!
    So don't keep us in suspense! Did ya marry the detector or what?! .... Funny stuff, my wife has also made comments similar to your wife's actions, but she loves the bling I bring home from the beach. Dirt huntin' not so much, but she gets it.
    Vx3 with D2 and Sunray probe, Lesche, Killer B's.
    Go out with what you have and find what you have not...

us
    Apr 2012
    Riverside,California
    MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
    640 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimDon View Post
    My wife hates the hobby, doesn't want me to talk about it (Depresses her), and doesn't want any of the jewelry I find. She thinks we are opportunistic vultures who prey on people who are unfortunate to loose things. It doesn't matter I have returned 5 rings and had a profound impact on that persons life. It is a shame she cannot support the things that I enjoy doing. All of you guys with spouses that support your hobby don't know how lucky you are.
    Short story,I was out detecting @ oceanside from 7:00-7:00 (12 Hrs.).This man told me I should stop over @ Poncho Beach lot's of people go there,so I worked my way down the coastline of beaches.I call my husband to let him know I'll be home around 8:00,he tells me drive safely,I'll see ya when you get home:Packed my gear up,heading home until I see this sign Poncho Beach,then it dawn on me the guy told me to go there..What do you think? Of course I have to stopAs soon as I started detecting couple swings this woman comes over frantic,I lost my car keys in the sand,,please help me!!So I'm excited b/c this is my first time helping someone with my Mxt Pro.She showed me the area where it might be, a few swings & keys in my scoop!! The look on her face--Priceless,,her friend said it was magic,,I said "Thank God" it was he that brought me here,the odds on this:headband:She thanked me very much & I headed back home..All those hours, I found a lot of trash,about $12.00 worth of coins,lost car key--which to me was Priceless
    When I got home I told my husband the story,,he was a so proud of me & so happy I had a great time..My husband normally goes with me, while I'm detecting he sits in his van working on his computer or reads,I try not to stay out to long anywhere from 4-5 hours or he drops me off @ a beach & picks me up later,when he goes out on job walks,when its my days off. He knows I love the ocean & I love to detect,,what more can a girl ask for--besides another new detector
    In return I do a lot of things with my husband as well,like golfing,riding motorcycles,etc.having quality time with each other...
    HH
    Hopefully your wife will come around,,say a prayer for her it doesn't hurt,,,

us
    Jul 2005
    Close enough to the beach
    **Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
    158 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Les West Central Fl View Post
    HAHA, that's too funny. My wife used to ask me if my "girlfriend" and I had a good time at the beach. After the first couple of rings she stopped asking me that.
    Time is nothing, timing is everything.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors