Excal II saves the day

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
Was hunting the low tide and I saw him walking towards me. You know the look he lost his ring or keys or phone. Please be a phone I thought to myself, the easiest thing to find. "Excuse me sir my wife lost one of her diamond earrings and I was wondering if you could find it with that" No I thought why me. He had the area of lost earring down to a 10 foot by 10-foot area next to the umbrella and chairs. After the first sweep of the area no luck. We then took the earring still on her ear off and checked to see if I could get a signal.
I could only after I changed the sensitivity. Next sweep at about half way got a signal. The scoop was useless and we used are hands to go threw the sand. He found it and the couple was so happy and thankful. The Excal II came threw. I normally use my CZ21, which is on its way back home from Fisher. My CZ21 can’t get the smallest stuff like the Excal II but I can cover more ground with it. Lucky for them it needed repair.

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going! Good to help a civilian in need!

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

BigBeefy

Jan 19, 2010
Knoxvegas, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the type of publicity our hobby needs. Not an old wrestler yelling boom baby all day long.
Good job!

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Great job! Always feels good to make someones day better and great for our sport. Congrats!

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice post, MB...it was kind & generous of you to give up some of your own hunting time to help this couple

Lorraine

OP
OP
M

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
Very nice post, MB...it was kind & generous of you to give up some of your own hunting time to help this couple

Lorraine

Thank you,
You know when they have that look you can't so no to them and they always have that look. It always makes the hobby seem like its the hobby that pays for many and is fun for all. I am so lucky to always be so close to a beaches full of vacationers and old shipwrecks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread