Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait

Can't wait till the storm gits by . Went to the beach this morning could not stand up wind was blowing about 50 and tide and waves were over the beach. Had to be the highest tide I have seen in about ten years . There has to be cuts and wash outs all over. seeyou in the morning.

Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked like 3 to 4 ft of sand gone to me and flattened out the sand bar than had move in. They closed the beaches when high tide came in. I ran a coil down a strips of clear beach about 10 feet and even then the waves were coming in over that. I picked up a few coins.... but didnt stay long i just wanted to see the conditions.

Dew

clearwatermike

Oct 29, 2011
Clearwater, FL
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Dew, I see we're both on the FL Gulf Coast, but I've seen nothing but added sand in Pinellas county. What county are you in?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dew, I see we're both on the FL Gulf Coast, but I've seen nothing but added sand in Pinellas county. What county are you in?
Maybe the sand came up from the waist deep zone...hope so.

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
have family in ft myers area but dont get to detect over there much. thinking of driving over for the weekend.. the passing storm is very inviting! good luck but save some for me! LOL

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in Sarasota county. The beaches are a little higher here. take a look at this wind table..... it made the waves come in pulling at the sand from up high. Venice, Florida Surf Forecast and Surf Report No ones getting in the water down my way for awhile and expect to dig. If you take a look our beaches down here arent as protected as yours Mike. We have an outter sand bar that will smooth out the occassional ruff waves.... but these.... well not much stopping them.

Dew

Last edited:

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
The News reports in the Tampa Bay area, this morning, had stories about current beach conditions. This included the major loss of sand (several feet) or more from several local beaches. Stating in some places the sand was gone, and the local beaches would need beach renurshment projects costing millions. They said the planned beach renurshment was to take place next year, but they need to do it now. To bad they don't have the $$$$ to do it now, oh darn! Lol. Anyway this storm will be continuing for several more days, with extreme high tides and winds, with more erosion expected. Over the past several weeks while out detecting I discussed how many of the beaches were sanded in and none of us finding hardly anything. Well the conditions have now changed in our favor, once the surf, and tides stabalize some it will be time to go beeping!!!!!! Good luck everyone and happy hunting! (where is spell check)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread