DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I went to a local swimming area to find some goodies. I got there early to miss the crowd and some lady was already there lying on a blanket. As soon as I got in the water she waded out to me and said she had lost a gold ring and a gold necklace there yesterday and asked if she could have them back if I found them. I said she could but she needed to describe them so I would know that they were hers. She stuttered and looked around several seconds before she even tried to tell me what they looked like. I've been asked this several times and she acted like she was telling a big lie. She also acted like she was high on something and kept bugging me and getting in the way. After a little while I thought she got the hint and she got on a float and went out to the floating pipe and stayed there, or so I thought. A little while later I saw something out of the corner of my eye and it was her float right beside me. I tried to get out of the way and the sifter bumped her hand and she looked up and asked if I wanted something. I said no, just trying to get away from you. Well I guess that did the trick because she went back over to the place she was earlier. I didn't find the gold ring or the necklace and left there a bit put out with the whole thing. Anybody else have that kind of experience?

Upvote 0

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has it been that long that you don't know when you are being hit on.

OP
OP
DANGLANGLEY

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has it been that long that you don't know when you are being hit on.

Well, I didn't want to say that, lol.... My wife won't trust me past the back yard if she reads this. Then again, maybe she will go with me from now on.

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't had anyone tell me they lost something yet, but I did have a frustrating time at a swim area yesterday. I got there really early and had been there all of ten minutes when a mother and her two little boys showed up. She must have thought I was there to babysit, because she went to sit in the shade and the boys came straight to me. I was in about three feet of water and they told me they were going to help me find stuff. They floated around me for a while asking questions and were sweet kids but I could barely swing the detector for them. After a bit they must have got tired of swimming because the older one was hanging on my right arm and the younger one had hold of my bathing suit bottoms (I was seriously worried about flashing folks at that point, lol). I must have looked like a mother possum toting around her young. They were really cute but it was pretty obvious I wasn't going to get any hunting accomplished with them there and the mom wasn't going to get them away from me, so I packed it up and left after about twenty minutes.

OP
OP
DANGLANGLEY

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had anyone tell me they lost something yet, but I did have a frustrating time at a swim area yesterday. I got there really early and had been there all of ten minutes when a mother and her two little boys showed up. She must have thought I was there to babysit, because she went to sit in the shade and the boys came straight to me. I was in about three feet of water and they told me they were going to help me find stuff. They floated around me for a while asking questions and were sweet kids but I could barely swing the detector for them. After a bit they must have got tired of swimming because the older one was hanging on my right arm and the younger one had hold of my bathing suit bottoms (I was seriously worried about flashing folks at that point, lol). I must have looked like a mother possum toting around her young. They were really cute but it was pretty obvious I wasn't going to get any hunting accomplished with them there and the mom wasn't going to get them away from me, so I packed it up and left after about twenty minutes.

Wow, I've been bugged quite a few times but that topps everything I've been through. I hope you have a whole lot better luck next time.

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope we both have better luck! Going to try again in the morning....Maybe at sunrise .....:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread