Pass-A-Grille Beach, west coast Florida

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Tropical Storm Debbie is on her way out, which means I'm on my way in...

The waves are down enough for me to start working the shallow surf. About an hour ago 5 people were rescued from here after having getting caught in a rip-current. They were apparently outside of the sandbar about 20 yards off shore. Where I'm at, where the sand meets the water, it quickly goes to about 4' deep, and then 20 yards out it turns into a sand bar which is almost dry at low tide. This makes a great catch area.

One lady may not survive. Somebody brought her back in on a boogie board. This all happened just prior to my arrival. I'm staying shallow...

So, I'm heading north along the beach working the break right alongside the beach. While I'm detecting I watch this other guy come down to the beach, get his gear set up, and get into the water 30' ahead of me. He starts working the same break, and heads in the same direction.

I don't recognize him but I think I know who he is. I believe he is Mr. Whole. Mr. Azzum Whole. So Azzum Whole starts digging up right in front of me. He couldn't move off to one side or the other, or go the other way... I'm watching Azzum Whole digging up crab trap parts, so he apparently can't discriminate out the rusty iron. I'm catching up to him while he tosses the iron back in.

What a putz.

PICT0324.JPG

So I exit the water, go up onto the dry sand, walk past Mr. Azzum Whole, go back into the surf 30' ahead of him, and start hunting again.

With TS Debbie just having stirred everything up, I'm finding some old CLAD that has been in the water for quite a while, along with outdated bottle caps, lot's of crab trap parts (which I don't dig up), the usual. It's interesting that the copper coating on the penny has eroded off and the zinc was exposed. Two dimes were completely crusted over.

Heading back out tomorrow.

PICT0333.JPG

I'm hoping to not see Azzum Whole again...

Upvote 0

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL!!!

That's gotta suk to be around "that" guy. I count my lucky stars that I have none of his relatives here.

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a picture of him? i don't recognize him.
DC

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Is that a picture of him? i don't recognize him.
DC

Yes, that is my new hunting buddy. We just haven't been formally introduced yet. We should probably spell out the boundaries of our detecting relationship too, you know, just some of the simple social graces and what not.

Simoneyzs

Jun 28, 2012
Thats a funny story GIB!!!! Great pic with the Don in the background!!! Im a newbie here but live in St Pete and do a lot of work at the Don. Would love to hook up with you GIB and work the beaches together. I have a GTI 2500 and still learning to use it so it would be nice to spend time with someone more experienced. If you want we could get a beer at the Hurricane later!!! Feel free to contact me at [email protected]. Thanks for the laugh!!!!

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I saw Mr Azzums' twin brother a while back .He entered the water 10 yards in front of me after waving at me . He missed a gold ring 2 minutes after he started detecting. (ha ha) Made my day

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw Mr Azzums' twin brother a while back .He entered the water 10 yards in front of me after waving at me . He missed a gold ring 2 minutes after he started detecting. (ha ha) Made my day

I hope you showed him what he missed, and made his day!

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had several pull the same thing on me. One time a certain person jumped in the same line I was in, about 15 feet from me (I was about 4 feet from the shore line). He swung his detector for about 5 minutes within the same lane, got out, and took off walking to go further down the beach. The funny thing is when I got to the location he had already detected I got the first signal, a silver ring...the next two signals were gold....and the last a stainless ring, all found in the area that he had hunted. So I guess the moral to the story is that claim jumpers sometimes don't know what they are doing. Oh, I forgot, I also pulled a big silver bracelet out of the same lane.....

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice picture:occasion14:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've got a guy like that here where I hunt ,We call him the troll.He likes to come up close to you with his PI still on and he trys to drive you away.I've learned to Ignore him,I also leave my PI on and it works.

davidfl

Jun 23, 2011
florida
Detector(s) used
cz7apro cz20 cz21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shoulda hollered out out, watch my line!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions