bought a Vibrapobe - I think it sucks - maybe 2-3 inches on a quarter
I was thinking of taking a Garrett Pro pointer and water proofing it
they are sensitive and have good depth
others have waterproofed them sucessfully

SneadsFerryMD

Apr 10, 2012
Sneads Ferry NC
Detector(s) used
Torreseo Sand Shark, Whites Beach Hunter ID, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pro Pointer in a Ziplock works good, just dont use the tip to push around sand/dirt (dont want to poke a hole in it!)

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bought a Vibrapobe - I think it sucks - maybe 2-3 inches on a quarter
I was thinking of taking a Garrett Pro pointer and water proofing it
they are sensitive and have good depth
others have waterproofed them sucessfully

Thanks Casper.I thought about waterproofing my propointer but dont want to take a chance of messing it up although the propointer does get pretty good depth.....I supose I could allways waterproof the propointer and get ahother one as backup.If I could find a pinpointer waterproof to several feet that had depth capabilitys of 5-6 inches that would be perfect for what I need.

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ziplock sounds like a good idea. I would probably put 2 bags around because I would be paranoid about drowning it.

How do people actually waterproof them? Kind of surprised if that is possible why Garret doesn't sell a version like that.

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ziplock sounds like a good idea. I would probably put 2 bags around because I would be paranoid about drowning it.

How do people actually waterproof them? Kind of surprised if that is possible why Garret doesn't sell a version like that.

Aquachigger has a video on youtube on how to waterproof your propointer.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if you took a small piece of zip lock bag and soperglued it over the button and one over the speaker
and then either buy that blue sealer spray they advertise on tv where they spray on boat bottom to seal leak
and sparay a few coats over the pro pointer (only if you can remove/peel off to change batteries )
or use -DIP-IT
rubber coating solution to cover tool handles - you could easily cut that off when batteries need change and re-apply
wish garrett would just use that design and make it fully water proof - they would sell a ton of them -
I have used Geo-seal to seal older Pi machines that were leaking - that worked great
it drys into a rubbery material and can be removed easily - I would still put a small piece of plastic over speaker and button before
applying just to protect

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh - I will be trying one of these methods soon - going on Mex trip and will be hitting dead reef areas
with nooks and crannies and this will be great to use if i can pull it off

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if you took a small piece of zip lock bag and soperglued it over the button and one over the speaker
and then either buy that blue sealer spray they advertise on tv where they spray on boat bottom to seal leak
and sparay a few coats over the pro pointer (only if you can remove/peel off to change batteries )
or use -DIP-IT
rubber coating solution to cover tool handles - you could easily cut that off when batteries need change and re-apply
wish garrett would just use that design and make it fully water proof - they would sell a ton of them -
I have used Geo-seal to seal older Pi machines that were leaking - that worked great
it drys into a rubbery material and can be removed easily - I would still put a small piece of plastic over speaker and button before
applying just to protect

Some good ideas.I also wish garrett would make a waterproof propointer....I realy like mine.I was going to put mine in a couple of ziplocks and duct tape the tip for added strength.I did order a vibratector and it should be here on July 5th.
:thumbsup:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
A condom might work well. Already form fitting, keeps bad algae and stuff out, disposable, cheap, readily available, and already proven on things that vibrate. They can take quite a beating too before they break.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
find someone with a food sealer.

put the pinpointer in that and SEAL it tight. best idea I saw to get a good pinpointer for land into the water.

edited to say...without ruining it! :)

my friend owns one. will do it sometime, not just yet lol

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett's needs to produce a waterproof Pro Pointer. I have written to Garrett requesting that their R&D department look into this. I am sure that if they see a market for them it will happen. Now if everyone here were to E mail Garrett requesting the same thing I don't think it would be long before I would have one to take diving.:skullflag: So please help me out by telling Garrett that they need to produce this not just for Zodiacdiverdave but for everyone.:icon_thumright:

Happy Hunting everyone,
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread