dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry no pictures because there really wasn't too much to take a picture of. I started the day early in the morning around 6am at one of my usual spots. The tide was up so I couldn't venture too far out. Found a few clads and that was it. Headed north from there to a beach I normally don't hunt and just found a ton of clad that obviously has been buried for quite some time. I did manage a small silver ring and another silvery looking ring. Also a nice silver heavy bracelet. Headed north from there to hit low tide at CWB. I was shocked to see what happened to the north beach. I estimate it lost 75 feet of beach and it was all dumped close into what used to be shore to form a huge new sand bar close in. The old sand bar is still there but now it's like there's beach, sand bar, beach, sand bar, water, sand bar. I hope that makes sense. It just ain't the same. When it was low tide before Debby you could walk out to the sand bar. Now it's like there are giant holes everywhere. You can be walking parallel to the beach in knee deep water and then the next step it's over your head. Then back to knee deep all the way down the beach. I did manage a silver wedding band south of the pier. BTW south of the pier doesn't seem to have affected as bad.

Here is a link to a report done by USF on the beach erosion from Debby that I copied from one of the other sites. Nothing about CWB though.
DC

http://www.pinellascounty.org/environment/coastalMngmt/pdfs/Beaches-Tropical-Storm-Debby.pdf
DC

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
THanks for the info.
Heard from a coworker that the Sheraton on Sand Key lost all the beach.

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the info . Happy hunting and congrats on the silver finds.:hello2:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Debby made hunting CWB interesting that's for sure. Congrats on the finds. :thumbsup:

BTW are you sure the wedding ring you found is silver? Reason I ask there was an ad on craigs list lost and found for a white gold wedding ring in that area.

OP
OP
dc426

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Willie. The one I found was definitely .925. I talked with the guy who posted on CL and I think someone already found his ring. I see you had a nice gold find. Good job! I'll be staying at the CWB Hilton for the next 6 days so I may see ya out there.
DC

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Willie. The one I found was definitely .925. I talked with the guy who posted on CL and I think someone already found his ring. I see you had a nice gold find. Good job! I'll be staying at the CWB Hilton for the next 6 days so I may see ya out there.
DC
Ok, well at least it's silver. Thanks, I was beginning to think it was going to be another goldless hunt. 6 days huh? Are you gonna leave anything for the rest of us to find? :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions