$3,500.00 Platnum Engagement Ring Returned

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well it started out about a week ago, when I got a frantic e-mail from a gentleman saying that his wife had just lost there weding ring set on the beach. It was a very brief e-mail so I responded and asked all the questions and a day later I got a return message saying they were lost on Nantucket Island. It just so happens that I was making plans to visit the Island this weekend... They told me that they had rented a detector from a local shop for 2 days and only found a dime... I said no guarentees but if I made it over I would give it my best shot. I again e-mailed them and aske if I could get a better discription of what I was looking for, white,yellow,diamond,weddingband etc.... All I got back was a GPS location...... even better.... My wife being such a great sport said lets go and see what happens.... Honestly not 15 minutes after turning on my detector I had a Beutiful Platnum Diamond Engagement Ring in my scoop.... I had to do a little work on my end but it all worked out. Turns out they had about 40 people looking for the ring over the week on their hands and knees.... 5 minutes after locating the ring a woman aproached me and asked if I had found a ring that a couple had lost one last weekend. I told her I had it..... not sure who was more excited me or her..... lololol Anyway because all they sent me was their e-mail I didn't have a phone number but the woman's husband had it... I called her and asked for Emily and told her who I was and I didn't have to say anymore.... she NO Way.... She was still on the island but her boat was leaving in 45 minutes... I told her to hurry down to take a few pictures and discribe the ring and I would give it back to her... To a T it was hers ... Her husband was wearing the matrching ring.... A lot of hugs a couple of tears and a few stories as to how it was lost and off they went home to New York.... What a great day it was returning such a keepsake as that..... I never did find the wedding band... I gridded the heck outa trhat place but too many people squating on such a nice weekend... Thanks for looking.... What a great hobby.... Nantucket Platnum Ring (75).JPG Nantucket Platnum Ring (83).JPG Nantucket Platnum Ring (92).JPG Nantucket Platnum Ring (93).JPG Nantucket Platnum Ring (94).JPG

Upvote 0

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Job.

Also great name, read the Whydah book about 10 years ago.

Pete

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope will bring you good karma for todays hunt
WTG - :wav:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done!!:occasion14:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great story, whydah!

Congrats on finding and returning the ring:headbang:

Lorraine

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the find and return of the ring.
Happy owner and good karma for you.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Great find and return! No better feeling in this hobby than to bring great happiness to someone. Congrats and may the gold come your way!

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring find and return waydah,awesome job.:icon_thumleft:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People who complain about us being out there should read some of these give backs. Great find and return.

Dew

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the smiles say it all Whydah, love to here and see the return stories
you da man!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread