First hunt in a long time........

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
I picked up a Trident Viper...............:laughing7:
Before the bashing and hate mail begin, let me say I like it, I do this for pleasure/hobby nothing else. Ive had the Minelab and Garrett and they were both top of the line very nice detectors and would easily blow this thing away, unfortunately right now I could not drop that kind of cash so when this thing pays for a new one Ill get me the excal or Tesoro for now this will just have to make do! It does work, found some bottle caps at 4-6" with good solid tone, and the necklace just under the sand was obviously no problem at all. For what i paid for this I think it was a nice purchase for goofing off at the beach occasionally..

Heres the find for the day, I knew immediately it wasnt gold when I saw the little bits of rust on it, couldnt have been there more than a day or so...
IMG-20120703-00077.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Interesting .........41 views, no comments? Its all good.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Hey congrats on your find. As long as you enjoy yourself then that is all that matters. You will probably be surprised at how much you will find with it over time. One good ring is all it takes to pay for a top of the line detector.

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just think the excitement of having anything besides,pull tabs,nails,bobby pins,bottle caps is a plus,,whether its real or not!!!!!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Painter65, I'm a little late on checking some of the posts here; I like the "G-clef" pendant find. It sure looks to be gold .

It kinda matches my avatar:hello:

It looks heavy...is it?

Nice find...I wish you continued success

Lorraine

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation!!

OP
OP
P

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Thank you everyone! Im excited to get back into this wonderful and exciting hobby! I know this detector is not going to last me very long before I am aching for a new and better one but Im going to maintain and just work with it until Im able to upgrade. Like I said, its not horrible and it does find stuff. Im going to need to find some good stuff cause I got spoiled with my Minelab and I would love to get my hands on a Excal for the next one. After swinging a Sovereign for a couple of years not much compares. Im going to do a thorough review on it in the next couple of days for those interested in seeing comparisons.
Lorraine, its most definitely fake, got small rust stains here and there and says Clairs on the hanging tag. Probably $20 when new at the most. I was pretty cool digging it up though and Ill say this, I wasted no time in putting it in the pouch, I never once looked at it on the beach, I always wait till Im home to check out anything that I "hope" is of any value.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was pretty cool digging it up though and Ill say this, I wasted no time in putting it in the pouch, I never once looked at it on the beach, I always wait till Im home to check out anything that I "hope" is of any value.

I try to be "cool" about nice looking treasures that could be gold when I find them. I immediately put them in my pouch too...but can't stand not knowing, so will pull them out and look a short time later. Can't help it!! Nice finds Painter65
Gold Nuggets :hello:

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah those Viper are throw away....you should make your money back soon. Have fun and g/l.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are many people that use cheaper machines and find more than those with the most expensive. It is how well you know your detector, it's limitations and how you use it. Glad to see you go out and hunt!!

OP
OP
P

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
.............................and I returned it and bought a Minelab X-terra 305, much better!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread