A long Tuesday at work, followed by hunting in the surf!

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
The wIfe was taking care of the grand Daughter, and spending the night, I hear the surf a calling me. So time to head for one of Tampa Bays many beaches and do a little detecting. Work wore me out, but getting into the ocean I was relaxed and refreshed, listening for those wonderful sounds. After many recoveries of encrusted coins, junk and pull tabs, finally I heard that beep, you all know the one. Sure enough in the bottom of ScoopZilla was a gold ring looking back at me. :tongue3: 10K ladies ring with 11 lil diamonds, ahhh it's a keeper. Since we had all that sand washed out to the ocean a few weeks ago, the finds are getting interesting. Multitudes of encrusted coins, some with the edges delaminated and seperating. So they have been in the surf for some time, including one complete old style pull tab. How often do you find one of those! Also found several areas where you would be detecting at waist deep and the next step you would be almost over your head for 5 to ten feet then back to waist deep. The deep holes were always filled with trash, pop cans foil and other objects. Lots of big broken shells. Can't wait to get back out in the surf this weekend!

Attachments

• ring 1.jpg
    ring 1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice gold ring. images (2).jpg

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hitting the water is like therapy for the body and soul...nice looking ring...good luck this weekend.

Last edited:

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a winner! Aprox how deep (under water) was it? Or was it on the shore?
Fear not. I won't raid your site cuz I still don't have a spare wheelchair with large sand wheels. :)
Tokameel

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats on finding that beauty, Kc10bull

Lorraine

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beauty - WTG :thumb_up:

OP
OP
kc10bull

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
The ring was chest deep in the water, I'm 6'1 so fairly deep. But it was between the beach and sand bar, medium tide. Only took one scoop with ScoopZilla to recover the ring. Guestimating it was around 4 to 6 inches deep! There is plenty of beach and surf to detect here. But I have come to realize that as much as I love Clearwater beach, there are two many other beaches that deserve my attention. Plus the high competition and friends that detect Clearwater beach, it was time to surrender CWB (one less guy hunting there now(me) ) and hunt other nearby beaches. Especially now that there was tons of sands that have shifted after the tropical storm in the surf as well as on the beach itself. We all should all be able to make new and old discoveries of lost items that have been in hiding for years. Now is the time to spend that extra little time making sure our detectors are ready for some extended beach and surf hunting. I know I'm ready and can't wait to get back in the surf! Hope to see you all out there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread