Double RINGS & Clay Pipe With a Face on it

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hooked up with a local friend who has been wanting to water hunt. He told me that he had a spot that we should try. I took into consideration that I might have been there before. Sure enough, when we got the parking area, it looked very familiar. I suited up, and into the water we went, five minutes into the hunt a ring in the bottom of the scoop. Thought maybe another Platnum for the year, but it turned into Titanium very quickly... Ok still a ring.... About fifteen minutes later another ring, this time YELLOW, I'm liking it, got that ##### monkey off my back... looked like older Gold too... Made my way towards a swim area, and a nice solid signal at neck deep, with the detector stretched out towards the open ocean, I dug very deep, I wanted to get it on the first scoop, bingo a silver quarter, and this odd shaped thing in the scoop.. walked in a little to get a better look, and it turned out to be a Clay Pipe with a figures Head on it. PLease Help me with this one. First one I ever found in water.. Another six silver coins and a lot of sinkers later I was on my way back home with riches from the sea... Turns out that the silver quarter was a Barber that's always a bonus....Thank You Ocean God... Happy Hunting Clay Pipe Stem (3).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (4).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (5).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (6).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (7).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (8).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (9).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (10).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (13).JPG

Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I love that clay pipe, what a killer find that one is..of course all the gold and silver helps too.. Congrats on a stellar hunt.. I am dying to know how old that clay pipe is.. the details on it are amazing too.

SNF101480

Mar 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had some really nice results, congratulations! That pipe and the rest of the finds are really great.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice finds...that pipe is cool...congrats.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt - gold & silver - clay pipe a cool bonus :icon_thumleft: :sunny::icon_thumright:

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
more than just a monkey off your back - you smashed this hunt , really interesting finds.

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds the pipe is out of sight.
Never tried neck deep. I have a hard time digging at armpit deep.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice finds... Congratulation!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread