Late Night Low tide Hunt Silver Rilg

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Matt had me out way past my bedtime. 10pm to 4am we ran into two other guys from JSBSH going south while were going north. My clad count was 106
33Q 13D 11N 49P Two silver earings,.925 Silver Calddagh ring with lots of yellow stones at 3am it looked gold with the LED headlamp.The rest is all junk

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    270.5 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a lot of clad and jewelery...nice looking claddagh ring...bet that was a fun hunt.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
BCNJ, you were very busy ...that's a lot of digging, and you found some very nice treasures.

Impressive clad count, and I love the silver jewelry!

Lorraine

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, Could we see a picture of the Rilg!:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Buried Crap NJ

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
BCNJ, you were very busy ...that's a lot of digging, and you found some very nice treasures.

Impressive clad count, and I love the silver jewelry!

Lorraine
Central Jersey the slope up here is tremendous. In 50 ft it raises 18ft half way down it and you can't see land. This is good and bad items get jammed in on the slope but get buried quickly. Right place right time deal. As the wind shifts it will peal the sand off exsposing targets. The trought is holding items of many weights. Matt and I could no longer dig in the water as we were beat tired! All our jewlery came from the water and trought area! Three days ago I had 24 clad smae beach same huntime same low tide. It holds true you should have been here yesterday.
Lookingdown fun but 23 hrs up and digging is getting tougher at 53.
Hot zone I'll get a close up for you.

OP
OP
Buried Crap NJ

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Close up ring

Ring close up

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 147

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Nice ring! Congrats! :hello2:

Here in California beach access is limited to after sunrise until 10 PM. :icon_scratch: I've never tried calling them on it but I'm surprised you have no problems on the East coast..or do you?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a haul ! :hello2:

OP
OP
Buried Crap NJ

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nice ring! Congrats! :hello2:

Here in California beach access is limited to after sunrise until 10 PM. :icon_scratch: I've never tried calling them on it but I'm surprised you have no problems on the East coast..or do you?

The ocean is open to the American people free of charge 15ft and below the hight water mark evrywheres. It has been ruled on by the United States Supreme Court many times. There must be an access location every so many miles. (this changes every so often by the courts) What has remained the problem is how you access the ocean. If you tresspass on Public or privatly own lands to get to the high water mark then its quite simply tresspassing. You can and will be arrested. But Selective inforcement can't be tolerated, I can't be stopped and the family playing ball can be allowed to tresspass. Even in the middle of a busy summer season our paid beaches can't stop people from tranversing the ocean from below that high tide mark, so long as they have a legal access(paid for entry at one beach provides this) Do they try yes are they sucessfull yes. It has become such a fight here in NJ that the police who are called have become well versed in what is right and wrong.We have and will continue to have debates over who's right and who's wrong. I used to have to carry a court document to show when detained. I no longer have too. Many other vistors of the beach have long carried this battle though the courts for years. We as detectorist have just tagged along the shirt tails so to speak. I have been involved in this since 1974 and have had many removals from public waters over the years. They have become very coy in the attempt to stop the use of lands and waters through the use of the DEP and Parks systems. These are just a few groups that have been giving an undisclosed amount of monies to help fight for our rights.
http://www.facebook.com/metal.detecting.rights?sk=wall
http://www.facebook.com/groups/5448.../?notif_t=group_activity#!/groups/nodiggertv/

Last edited:

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of digging/scooping and I don't just mean the finds. Knowing your local laws/rights is so very important. That is an unusual claddagh. Nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread