Did I find a hole??

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I was having a decent day for clad when "BOOM BABY" I hit a hot spot in the water. I came home with 108 coins, one a wheatie! Let me tell you, this never happens here. So I'm trying to figure out if this was an area where coins collected naturally from the storm erosion or if someone salted the beach. The majority of the coins came from a small area in the water about waist to chest deep. There were no quarters in that area but a majority of pennies with some dimes and nickels mixed in.

Also, found this size 11 1/2 tungsten/gold ring yesterday.

Attachments

• didifindahole.jpg
    didifindahole.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 116
  • tungstenandgold.jpg
    tungstenandgold.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed that last night when testing my Xcal. I was picking up a LOT of pennies and assorted change. I was thinking the very same thing..... did someone salt the beach. But the ones i was finding were surface coins.... it was like no one had been hunting or there were a lot of pocket spills in one location. Either way..... i didnt care i dug them all and dropped um in a can. Does make an otherwise boring hunt fun and tiring. Great hunt Deb.

Dew

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool ring, i seen someone the other day found a ring like yours. Very cool!!!

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BOOM BABY!!!!!!!!

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
wow that is a really interesting ring, never seen tungsten and gold like that before :)

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes, because of a constant change in current direction, the surface sand will get shifted over a three or four day period exposing spots on the beach that have been too deep prior to the change. I see this on the east coast on my area beaches quite often, it's a very gradual change that you'd hardly even notice unless you were on the beach quite often, like nearly every day. Sometimes all it takes is a three or four day change in wind direction and the current change isn't often that noticeable and quite often very mild. I'm "always" watching and observing the currents, sometimes you'll notice the tides coming straight in and retreating straight back, other times they might be coming straight in but retreating to the left or right. I get somewhat excited when I see the tides/currents suddenly working in any parallel flow to the beach because I know the upper level of soft beach sand is being moved as well. Over a large area you might not even notice that 6 or 8 inches of sand has been swept away because the beach is still flat, just like always. One sure way to tell is water, sometimes at low tide you'll notice that there appears to be a "wetter belly" area on the beach where there was none before. When you see this, sand has either been removed from that area of beach or more sand has been built up at the waterline. Always nice to hit a loaded area of beach. :icon_thumleft:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lot of coins and unique ring...great hunt.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done. So when you found lot of coins: little gold. The gold is there, keep dig. I wish you luck next hunt.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day at the beach debbie,nice tungston ring.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread