Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Kiana...I'll tell you my secret. Coinstar accepts most of the cruddy coins just fine..and if you get an Amazon (or Lowes) card there's no fee. The really bad zincolns..I just put into a big container for future disposition.

Baking soda will rub clean the cruddy dollar coins (on an individual basis) as well as the silver.

If you insist on cleaning the clad coins you might try a tumbler with gravel and a bit of dish soap and water. You do have to separate out the cents otherwise everything will get coppery.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soda and aliminium. Will be very clean

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Kiana...I'll tell you my secret. Coinstar accepts most of the cruddy coins just fine..and if you get an Amazon (or Lowes) card there's no fee. The really bad zincolns..I just put into a big container for future disposition.

Baking soda will rub clean the cruddy dollar coins (on an individual basis) as well as the silver.

If you insist on cleaning the clad coins you might try a tumbler with gravel and a bit of dish soap and water. You do have to separate out the cents otherwise everything will get coppery.
Thxs,Joe,I will do that,I will separate the silvers from the zincs,And clean it again,,by the way,I found that watch @ erosion beach along with 2 zincs,was windy so headed home as it was my last stop of the day.We stopped off @ Hof's Hut,had to have my cinnamon Bun french toast,,,yummy!!!

I'm going Beach Hunting,early Wednesday,so I want to cover different beaches ,if you want to tag along send me a message,my husband is playing Golf that day,,all guy's Team,,or else I would Golf too-so it's time to discover other beaches,I figure spend a little time @ each beach,go on to the next,,OBAMA will be paying for my GAS.....NOTHING VENTURED----NOTHING GAIN :hello2::hello2:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kiana, You need to get yourself a rock tumbler to clean your clad coins,dimes,nickels,quarters,can go in together,pennies by them selves.That looked like a nice haul to me.Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pennies discolor all other coins. Even 1 in a tumbler with your other coins will stain them . You certainly did well with finds!!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thxs,Hami for your input,I just love seeing your Finds,you should come to cali so we all can hunt together:hello:
Thank you for your invitation, so its my dream to hunt with you my friend in US. Im always like to hunt in California because im sure you are very and verrrryyy good friends and the best. I need the visa for enter in USA. When i post the finds in this forum so i was with you my friend. Happy hunting ALL and the first is kiana7.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Wow, Kiana,....that was a good hunt!

I agree with leprechaun...coin tumbler will do the job...but make sure you separate the pennies from the others

p.s. I'd love to join you for a hunt in Cal., but it's sooooooooooo far away.

If you are ever on the East Coast, let me know so we can maybe hunt together.

Lorraine

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kiana, You need to get yourself a rock tumbler to clean your clad coins,dimes,nickels,quarters,can go in together,pennies by them selves.That looked like a nice haul to me.Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:
Thxs Leprechaun,will start pricing some,,,since I find lots of coins

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pennies discolor all other coins. Even 1 in a tumbler with your other coins will stain them . You certainly did well with finds!!

Thxs Les,if only they where gold & silver,,like your Finds:hello:

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for your invitation, so its my dream to hunt with you my friend in US. Im always like to hunt in California because im sure you are very and verrrryyy good friends and the best. I need the visa for enter in USA. When i post the finds in this forum so i was with you my friend. Happy hunting ALL and the first is kiana7.

Well Hami if you do ever get to Cali,it would so be an HONOR to hunt with you,,,sometimes I get to beach hunt w/Dr.Joe,which is so much an HONOR as well,I've learned so much from him,,each time I go out I put it to practice,,and also learning from everyone else on this forum,,,HH:occasion14:

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, Kiana,....that was a good hunt!

I agree with leprechaun...coin tumbler will do the job...but make sure you separate the pennies from the others

p.s. I'd love to join you for a hunt in Cal., but it's sooooooooooo far away.

If you are ever on the East Coast, let me know so we can maybe hunt together.

Lorraine

Hey Lorraine,I just might take you up on that ,being my husband likes to travel..He wants to take me to NY,so I can see Miss Liberty in person,,it would also be an HONOR to hunt with you!! HH:occasion14:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
"Hey Lorraine,I just might take you up on that ,being my husband likes to travel..He wants to take me to NY,so I can see Miss Liberty in person,,it would also be an HONOR to hunt with you!! HH"

Thank you Kiana7. I live about an hour away from S O L. would be an honor to hunt with you , also

p.s. did you say that your husband is a golfer?..Hank is an avid golfer; the guys will have something to do while we hunt.

Lorraine

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Hey Lorraine,I just might take you up on that ,being my husband likes to travel..He wants to take me to NY,so I can see Miss Liberty in person,,it would also be an HONOR to hunt with you!! HH"

Thank you Kiana7. I live about an hour away from S O L. would be an honor to hunt with you , also

p.s. did you say that your husband is a golfer?..Hank is an avid golfer; the guys will have something to do while we hunt.

Lorraine
Even better yet,the guys go Golfing,while the women's go Hunting:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread