Beginners luck or friends luck rather! Little less than 2 ounces of....

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So before when i lived in the U.S. i owned a Garret Ace 250, i eventually returned it after 3 weeks because i couldn't find any good locations and gave up metal detecting for a while. Due to a serious of seriously tragic events i ended up being deserted by my best friend in Mexico on what was suppose to just be a vacation, i no longer had a home in the U.S. :/
In the course of 5 months i lost everything, my apartment, my ex, my best friend, and all my savings. My mom knew how depressed i was so when i asked for a new White's Surf Pi DF she didn't waste one second to spend the 900 dollars, she thought a hobby would be good. Normally parents get their children's dogs lol i got a metal detector instead.

My DF arrived Friday, i purchased 'Clives Advanced Shallow Water Metal Detecting' also. I didn't even open the book i began tinkering with my Metal Detector, after asking my friends which beaches i should visit my friend told me he knows of this certain beach that NO ONE goes to anymore. So we went on our adventure, we drove about an hour outside of where i live to this beautiful beach with the whitest sand. It looked like something out of a Corona commercial, i immediately began metal detecting and my friend followed carrying my handmade scoop. I had NO CLUE what i was doing, i would just hear a tone and point to where my friend would scoop. After about 3 hours i learned man... this is so tiring. My arm was so tired of swinging in this water and scooping ( My scoop is kinda heavy and i alternated with the MD with my friend ) I decided to let my friend MD and scoop while i laid on the beach finishing the last of my Indio beer mmm

He started yelling at me 'Holy **** come here' He had been digging this huge hole for 5 mintues, he said i kept hearing it beep and kept digging deeper and deeper. He was about waste level in the water. I kept laughing when he would say hey its beeping or it beeped again.

Onto the finds, we found Centenario - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia attached to this HUGE 18k gold bracelet. This must be 2 ounces of gold, this bracelet looks OLD. It looks like IIII wrapped around your wrist, Each I is a big gold band going around your wrist. Other than that the we kept finding little pieces of trash and beer tops but not to much this beach was more of us walking around waiting for a beep lol

View attachment 652398

THIS IS NOT IT, I WILL POST THE PICTURES TOMORROW (READ ON TO KNOW WHY I CANT POST PICTURES NOW)

I really was thinking what... The best find ill probably ever get was found by my friend using MY metal detector while i was being a lazy ass. We left the beach immediately out of excitement ( Newbies we should have detected the area around the find ) Since my mom bought the metal detector for me and has been nothing but hospitable understanding how hard it has been for me to lose a lot that mattered to me i decided to give it to her! I came home and said we didn't find anything except this (You should have seen her eyes) My friend HAD to take his credit for finding it lol
My mom is wearing it right now at her party thing for singles, she wanted to show off what her son had found. (Proud Mother :tongue3: ) I was too excited and had to share this now but i promise PHOTO'S TOMORROW. My mom is going to give me the Centenario and she is going to keep the bracelet ( Need a jeweler to take it apart! ) I thought i would sell all of my finds but it's a little harder when you actually have them in your possession lol.

I can't wait to go to the beach tomorrow !

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
How do i upload pictures ? Can someone write a detailed explanation so i can post good pictures of it tomorrow since my centenario picture didnt even come out well????

Bluclaw

Tenderfoot
Jun 9, 2012
Mid Atlantic
Detector(s) used
Garrett infinium LS,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The north end of Tulum beach could be good after a storm, the trendy beach clubs dotting that beach before it became an eco preserve attracted more than it's share of wealthy Euro visitors. I've rarely seen any MD'rs south of Playa Del Carmen. HH

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
can't wait to see your mate's find! I must say when you have been posting I'd been thinking that Cancun must be a gold mine if there are few regular / serious sweepers there. Congrats bigtime! you are also very lucky to have an understanding friend as when I have loaned my umax out for a buddy hunt I make it clear if they find it - they keep it , like wise me - so nice your mum got it - mine is not around anymore and many times she cheered me up / helped me -sad she is gone. Anyway, so crackingly cool - post the pic and tell your mate to buy his own detector as 3 hrs will become nothing less than halfway soon!

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what a Mom! Hope the Surf PI continues to reward you! Or your friend!
Can't wait to see the pictures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread