Excal gold finds over the last few months.

SNF101480

Mar 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 14k small signet ring was found water hunting, the white gold 14k band was found in the wet sand, and the mangled Lauren 14k yellow gold ring was found deep in the wet sand. These were all found over the last few months with limited time put in hunting. It's been a while since I've gotten any gold, 8 hunts in a row to be exact. Hopefully, hunt #9 will end with some gold in my scoop! Have a great week everyone! Steve

Attachments

• 6:5:12 mangled lauren.jpg
    6:5:12 mangled lauren.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 14k white gold band 5:8:12.jpg
    14k white gold band 5:8:12.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 14k tiny ring Easter 2012.jpg
    14k tiny ring Easter 2012.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one, congratulation!!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Steve...that is a very nice haul!

congrats!:hello2:

Lorraine

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
With poor sand conditions around here your doing very very well!! don't worry it will come!! I think we got spoiled from when we were getting gold every other hunt and some times more!! just wait till we get some good conditions or a storm!!! GREAT GOLD!! OLD GOLD IS THE COOLEST!!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are very nice finds. Its sanded in worse than ever here i think we are all competing for recent drops.

Dew

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Steve, hopefully there is another gold chain and cross waiting for you, that find was awesome!

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Nice finds Steve, hopefully there is another gold chain and cross waiting for you, that find was awesome!
Gary he's getting spoiled I think!!!! lol...his chain and cross is more gold than most get in a year!!! He's emptying my honey hole!! lol...Steve we are going to have a good summer and better fall!!

OP
OP
S

SNF101480

Mar 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Gary, if I made another Masonic find like that one I'd go nuts. This hobby is amazing, you know first hand when you hold something of historic significance or a unique piece, there's no better feeling.

OP
OP
S

SNF101480

Mar 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary he's getting spoiled I think!!!! lol...his chain and cross is more gold than most get in a year!!! He's emptying my honey hole!! lol...Steve we are going to have a good summer and better fall!!

George, I have very high expectations of myself lol. It's not about being spoiled, it's about wanting to always improve and get better at this hobby. Plus I REALLY REALLY like finding gold! Each time I find a piece of gold I learn something new. I think about where and how I found it, the conditions, signs to look for, was it a random occurrence, what stood out to me etc.. and when I don't find any, I try to learn from that as well. Each time out is a learning experience.
The best thing of all is that this honey hole will never be empty, there's tons more to be found. Hope you're right that this summer and fall will be good!

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
George, I have very high expectations of myself lol. It's not about being spoiled, it's about wanting to always improve and get better at this hobby. Plus I REALLY REALLY like finding gold! Each time I find a piece of gold I learn something new. I think about where and how I found it, the conditions, signs to look for, was it a random occurrence, what stood out to me etc.. and when I don't find any, I try to learn from that as well. Each time out is a learning experience.
The best thing of all is that this honey hole will never be empty, there's tons more to be found. Hope you're right that this summer and fall will be good!
I have a bunch of different lakes we can hit I just got to write them all down and figure out a plan of how to hit them!! We should plan a early morning lake hunt and try to hit a few different spots...I got an Idea of a few that are close enough to each other.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome ring finds,got to love that gold.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread