Setting sensitivity Excalibur:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im never use auto sensitivity. Because its change about the deep. Its not good. In the wet sand i use sensitivity 11oclock some time Max sensitivity. In the water 12 oclock. When the excalibur no stable its not problem. Its good for to know the good sound of lot of crazy. The true i want to use Excalibur sometimes gives me false signing in this case the Excal was very sensive of fine goold and very deep.
When lot of targets and no deep so you must lower the sensitivity.
Hamid: Its just my idea. Good luck

Last edited:
Upvote 0

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hamidd I only use a PI, don't have sensativity knob but thanks for the info and good morning buddy.:coffee2:

OP
OP
hamiddetecting

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hamidd I only use a PI, don't have sensativity knob but thanks for the info and good morning buddy.:coffee2:
Thank you so i have PI and VLF(BBS). On the beach you need PI and VLF as the doctor have all knif for operation. All metal detector (PI, VLF) are killer the sand. Thank you so iwish you have great day and happy hunting. Its just my idea.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hamid, you are correct! auto sens is rumored to be less sensitive to gold items. setting the excal for slightly unstable operation is also a good way to know you are getting the optimum depth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread