Can someone give me advice?

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Not being funny but with little digging experiance you may want to start in your own yard. Once you master nicly cut 3 sided plugs that don't kill the grass and look good you can move onto other properties.Don't be surprize what you might find in your own yard. Someone else may have locations that may help you out.

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I definitely suggest practicing in ur yard first. Btw, I'm 20mins north of PGH and recommend local parks and schools first for some coin shooting. Perhaps north park.

Just remember to check park laws first. I think the Allegheny county site might have laws posted for county parks.

Jay

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the South but have relatives and a house in Carnegie. There is no metal detecting in Carnegie PA parks. Most of the parks up there have a 100 years of use and are really trashy. You will need to run you detector on high discrimination or risk going nuts with all the signals. Most importantly go slow and listen for deep signals. Always check the local laws and do master digging proper holes or the next park you hunt may be the next to closed to MDers.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SENT YOU APM - WITH LINK TO BUNCH OF STORIES I WROTE - MOST ARE WATER RELATED
AND MAY NOT BE OF INTEREST - FEW OTHERS MAY HELP