" Better pics of my MEGA RING find of a lifetime "

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Closeups (1).JPG Closeups (2).JPG Closeups (3).JPG Closeups (4).JPG fixed two (2).JPG fixed two (3).JPG fixed two (4).JPG fixed two (5).JPG fixed two (6).JPG fixed two (8).JPG fixed two (9).JPG fixed two (10).JPG fixed two (11).JPG fixed two (12).JPG fixed two (13).JPG fixed two (15).JPG As all of you now know by now, Sunday I made one of the best finds in my detecting career. Sunday was as normal as usual, Casper and I hooked up for one of our usual water hunts. I could see when we got there it was going to be tough going. The wind was blowing and the waves were crashing, and it was still early. Casper made a B-line to the open depths as usual, and I lingered closer to the shallows... slowly making my way out deeper, when suddenly I was stopped in my tracks, whith a very LOW growel.... sweet sounds were coming into my headphones . This was the very first target of the day....Staring at me in the bottom of my scoop, was this beutiful, 14 K ring with - 5 diamonds in it... we both agree,that it may total somewhere around 2 1/2 carats in ice... give or take a little... what ever it turns out to be, it sure is a prety little thing... Wow what a way to start it all off. I couldn't get over to Casper fast enough to show it to him.. Here are a few newer pictures... I actually thought it was a pull tab.... DIG everything......
smiley.gif

Upvote 0

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need sunglasses just to look at that thing! Absolutely gorgeous....

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Great ring! Congrats! Ice is very nice!

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing find... I bet your heart stopped for at least 5 sec. when you held it in your hand.... :icon_king:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we have signals for when we find rings
he gave me ring sign then a thumbs up then about five other signs - thought he wanted me to steal second
when he came over he opened this pouch - this flap - this area trying to find it - mumbling and fumbling
and shaking when he showed me
couldnt blame him - its a beauty :sunny:

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
we have signals for when we find rings
he gave me ring sign then a thumbs up then about five other signs - thought he wanted me to steal second
when he came over he opened this pouch - this flap - this area trying to find it - mumbling and fumbling
and shaking when he showed me
couldnt blame him - its a beauty :sunny:

Now that you mentioned it.... you are rite, i was fumbling a bit... I still can't believe it.... On a pesonal high all day... Stealing second....lololol should have ran home with that one....

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW again can't wait to see the apprasial.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
What a find. You can tell by the close ups its been there for over a year. Id say a year maybe two, but most likely 1 year. HH an GL. Wow...what a find!!!! -Joe

View attachment 654598 View attachment 654599 View attachment 654600 View attachment 654601 View attachment 654602 View attachment 654603 View attachment 654604 View attachment 654605 View attachment 654606 View attachment 654607 View attachment 654608 View attachment 654609 View attachment 654610 View attachment 654611 View attachment 654612 View attachment 654613 As all of you now know by now, Sunday I made one of the best finds in my detecting career. Sunday was as normal as usual, Casper and I hooked up for one of our usual water hunts. I could see when we got there it was going to be tough going. The wind was blowing and the waves were crashing, and it was still early. Casper made a B-line to the open depths as usual, and I lingered closer to the shallows... slowly making my way out deeper, when suddenly I was stopped in my tracks, whith a very LOW growel.... sweet sounds were coming into my headphones . This was the very first target of the day....Staring at me in the bottom of my scoop, was this beutiful, 14 K ring with - 5 diamonds in it... we both agree,that it may total somewhere around 2 1/2 carats in ice... give or take a little... what ever it turns out to be, it sure is a prety little thing... Wow what a way to start it all off. I couldn't get over to Casper fast enough to show it to him.. Here are a few newer pictures... I actually thought it was a pull tab.... DIG everything......
smiley.gif

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
WHYDAH...You found my ring!! how can I thank you?? I'll swing by after breakfast Tuesday to pick it up!! I'll buy you a coffee for your trouble!!! lol :tongue3: :laughing7: That is one of the nicest rings!!!BANNER I SAY!!! Dig everything is my motto too!!! You and CASPER are unstoppable this year!!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Pulltab You Have there!!! Dont Let Red See it It Might disappear!!! :hello2: Chug

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beauty for sure and had I found something like that, it would be on my finger asap.. awesome find there.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of people with detectors walked over that baby....... Id definitely call that a find of a life time.... one sweet ticket.

Dew

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you find another one for me? Pretty please? :laughing7: :laughing7: Sweet find! Banner for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions