Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Thinking about a Tesoro Tiger Shark...nee inputs and stuff people have found with it

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    PA John

Nov 2008
    York, PA
    Teknetics T2, Whites 6000 Series 2, Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 Pulse, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro, ProPointer
    26 times
    Metal Detecting
    Removing my foot from my mouth.

I jumped to the conclusion that the Tiger Shark was the pulse version when that is the Sand Shark. My bad & apologies.

us
    Aug 2006
    New York
    Minelab E-trac
    100 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by PA John
    Removing my foot from my mouth.

I jumped to the conclusion that the Tiger Shark was the pulse version when that is the Sand Shark. My bad & apologies.
    It's ok man. Totally understandable
    What a hobby

us
    Dec 2007
    Western, N.C.
    Bandido UMax II, Fisher CZ7, Tiger Shark, Bounty Hunter, Ace 250
    511 times
    Just to ease your mind the tesoro is the way to go. I haved owned one now for 3 yrs and quite happy with it. It's a very sensitive machine and the only one I have come across that actually picks up small chains! My area is all fresh water and the tesoro is the only detector I use there. Besides you can't beat the lifetime warranty which Tesoro will back up with a smile. As a matter of fact, I am heading to the river tomorrow!

us
    Aug 2006
    New York
    Minelab E-trac
    100 times
    I may have a chance to buy a refurbished by the factory Tesoro Stingray II for a lot cheaper than a Tiger Shark. Are there any big differences between the two besides age?
    What a hobby

us
    May 2011
    Halifax, N.C.
    Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
    152 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Do yourself a favor and buy new. The warranty is not transferrable and water machines have a far greater chance of needing service at some point in time because of the harsher elements they are exposed to.

us
    Retired

Apr 2007
    Naples,fl
    Sea Hunter MK2 and AT PRO
    439 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    The sand shark is very good in fresh water also . I use mind in fresh and salt and get very good depth and find very small gold.One other thing The AT PRO, Excal and Whites water detector all have a 1 or 2 year warrenty,were the tiger and sand shark have a life time warrenty and buy NEW.
    Last edited by ron lord; Jul 24, 2012 at 08:40 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    2225 times
    Stick with the new Tiger Shark Bobby. You can't compare the BHID 300 with the Tesoro since the White's is a two frequency detector like the CZ-21 and 20. The coil on the White's BHID wants to float like a cord and you get worn out holding it underwater near the bottom. The Tiger Shark is the one for freshwater
    Name:  041.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  28.2 KB
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    2697 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Ive never used a Tiger Shark...besides the lifetime warranty, what does it do better than the AT Pro?

us
    Aug 2006
    New York
    Minelab E-trac
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Stick with the new Tiger Shark Bobby. You can't compare the BHID 300 with the Tesoro since the White's is a two frequency detector like the CZ-21 and 20. The coil on the White's BHID wants to float like a cord and you get worn out holding it underwater near the bottom. The Tiger Shark is the one for freshwater
    Name:  041.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  28.2 KB
    are those your finds with the Tiger Shark?
    What a hobby

us
    Retired

Apr 2007
    Naples,fl
    Sea Hunter MK2 and AT PRO
    439 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by lookindown View Post
    Ive never used a Tiger Shark...besides the lifetime warranty, what does it do better than the AT Pro?
    Can go 190 feet deeper than the AT PRO and is better on small gold than the AT PRO.Oh I own an AT PRO so I know. The AT PRO is better on Land.

us
    Shawn

Apr 2012
    Saint Marys Georgia
    Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
    390 times
    I love these threads......so many different opinions.
    2013 Totals

us
    Aug 2006
    New York
    Minelab E-trac
    100 times
    Most seem to be for the tiger shark
    What a hobby

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    2697 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron lord View Post
    Can go 190 feet deeper than the AT PRO and is better on small gold than the AT PRO.Oh I own an AT PRO so I know. The AT PRO is better on Land.
    The AT will hit at 6 inches on a 0.4 gram 10k ring and 3 inches on a 0.4 gram hollow earring. Its lighter than the Tiger Shark, has a screen, can change coils and easier to change batteries. Im not trying to argue because Ive never used a Tiger Shark, just trying to figure out why it would be better than the ATpro. I was going to buy a Tiger Shark but the AT pro was released and I decided to go with it because I was using an Ace 250.
    Last edited by lookindown; Jul 25, 2012 at 12:42 AM.
    BEACH-HUNTER and SC Keith like this.

us
    Aug 2006
    New York
    Minelab E-trac
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lookindown
    The AT will hit at 6 inches on a 0.4 gram 10k ring and 3 inches on a 0.4 gram hollow earring. Its lighter than the Tiger Shark, has a screen, can change coils and easier to change batteries. Im not trying to argue because Ive never used a Tiger Shark, just trying to figure out why it would be better than the ATpro. I was going to buy a Tiger Shark but the AT pro was released and I decided to go with it because I was using an Ace 250.
    Even though I don't have a tiger shark either, I think it just comes down to the fact that as much as OEM's try to make one detector that can do it all, that's just not going to happen. The tiger shark was made clearly for freshwater...it has a capability for Salt water, but you get mixed results as I hear when it comes to minerals and such so lets just say freshwater...Sure it can be used on land as well, but it's reputation is known for being killer in freshwater. The AT pro is known for having multiple abilities, but it's reputation is not based off it being used in water even though it can be. I think when a company puts one main focus on a detector compared to another brand trying to do many things with one detector, the winner will go to the primary focus one. I'm sure the at pro can pick up smaller gold, but maybe not chains like the tigershark? Idk. Plus the tigershark is built like a tank and has a lifetime warranty. That's my .2 cents
    What a hobby

us
    Jan 2007
    Infinium and Sovereign GT
    1565 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Just curious what anyone's experiences are using it as a land machine?
    "Wherever I go .. That's where I'll be!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links