Suggestions for the beach?

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm heading to myrtle beach for the week (next week) and plan on bringing my at pro and infinium.

Couple quick questions for you water hunters. I don't have waterproof phones but was thinking of picking up a pair. The connectors on the infinium and atpro look the same. Will one set of the Garrett waterproof phones interchange?

The other thing, sand scoop. I see alot of different models and I was really wanting one with a longer handle that I didn't have to get on my knees with every time. I was looking on feebay and there are a couple models on there. One that grabbed my interest. I'll probably only use it for a week a year but I want it to work good.

This thing looks like a monster and I'd even think about dragging it to the rocky clay and harder bottom at some of the local lakes.

Guys getting 200 for this scoop. Should I look elsewhere? Is there one that'll serve my purpose for less?

Attachments

• image-3539067695.jpg
    image-3539067695.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 0

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ron lord said:
I hunt with the sand shark detector and dig alot of small gold. The small 1/4 holes are great small shells and sand go right there the little holes, It's like having a sifter with you.I was spendding alot of time digging one target,because it was falling through the bigger holes,now I dig and go. It has cut my digging time down greatly.I have 2 other scoop with the bigger holes.I use them for back up only.I live in Naples, Fl.

Thanks for the help Ron.
I think I will go with the sugar sand scoop.

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I just bought the RTG straight handle with 5" opening. I thought it was going to be too small but it works great and is light as a feather.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread