"Silver Man" might have gotten me the silver but "Golden Gal" was reason I got gold

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Silver Man" might have gotten me the silver but "Golden Gal" was reason I got gold

Hunted with Whydah Sunday morning - I got a handful of coins and few other finds - but no silver or gold
I went to another spot for PM low tide - place had been pounded - visability was zero - waters were ruff
but I came out with huge silver spinner and large silver claddagh
got up early Monday and went to another favorite spot - finds were few and far - once again others had been here lately
i only had 10 pennies and 10 sinkers in my pouch - told my girlfriend to try and find me around low tide -
Whydah was busy = but was supposed to contact him if I was killing it to see if he could hook up later
Sooo my gal was on the shore near a levee waving trying to get my attention
I saw her and started to work my way towards her - I was about 40 yards away - I got a signal - dug a penny
I went about 10 yards - got a signal - dug a small sinker
went another 10 yards - found another small sinker
these told me that no one had hit near here in awhile - then I got a small signal - switch to ID mode and got a medium tone
I scooped - checked hole - nothing - looked in scoop nothing - so it was something small - visability was zero -
so I could not see if it was on the bottom - checked again and signal was off to the side - scooped again - fell thru again
I dropped down and tried to fan - no viz - i figured it was a split shot sinker or maybe a .22 cal bullet head - found more than a few in the
area before . I was about 20 feet from shore in about waist deep water - and about 3 feet from that small target
I got a huge blast - and being near the rock levee figured it had to be a huge fishing weight
I took a scoop - check spot - knew i had it in my scoop and started walking towards my gal - pulled my headphones off and she told me
she was going to call whydah - "what do you want me to tell him ?"
I said , "tell him waters a little rough - no visability - I only got like 10 pennies and 10 sinkers..."
I glance down into my scoop expecting to find a huge piece of lead - instead saw huge piece of gold staring up at me
I did not give it away - I walked up to my gal and said "give me a kiss" - she did and then i said "reach into my scoop..I just dug this walking to you" - she said "youre kidding!"
so I told her tell Whydah everything i said but add in i just got this huge class ring - the only disappointment was the emblem was gone off the face again - 5th old gold class ring this year with emblem gone
thought about it latter and wondered if that small target that kept falling threw could have been it
I did try and find the area again before I got out of the water - but with no visability - I could not find the area and because I thought I had a piece of lead - i did not try and remember my exact location - usually when i get a piece of old gold i will try and remember what I was in front of or near so i can check the area again on future hunts
I got a silver ring after going back out - tide came in fast and rough so went to lunch
stopped at a small beach at PM and got claddagh 925 earing and fresh dropped heart ring
wish i knew what emblem was on gold ring - it has military or political eagles on both sides -no writing on outside
inside it has a PAT.DEC. 9. 1919 and engraved in script
F R P '33
and LGB Co.
.497 oztroy of 14k gold =hair under 15 grams

This is about the 6th gold ring I have gotten because of where she was standing or sitting on a beach causing me to head towards her
I do not think i would have gotten them had she not been where she was at those moments
I know in this case I was heading in the opposite direction away from her and out deeper
whether I would have gone to that spot later in the day??? - dont know - glad I brought her along :hello2:

IMGP0671.JPG
here is everything from both days - got 3 silver Roosevelts too

IMGP0666.JPG

and the trash
DSC00297.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions