Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use clip on hat lights, don't want extra wright on my detector.

steffenb70

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2012
Lolland
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer XS, Eric Foster Beachunter PI, Garrett GTI1500 Others
Primary Interest:
I have tried attaching a flashlight to the detector, but it soon became annoying, and I ended up with a headlamp.

/Steffen

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Yea. I have been trying to find brightest most lumens head lamp for the $.

Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", Excalibur Sword 8", Sovereign XS2a Pro, Equinox 800, Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
I use a Princeton Tec Attitude light. I just hang it around my neck and it illuminates the area right around me. It's waterproof and has a lifetime warranty. Attitude | Princeton Tec

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I use a petzl tikka plenty light and long lasting. No need for more.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I highly suggest a LED headlamp. I use one that is waterproof, small and comfortable, uses a single AA, on the lowest setting can last 53 hours, and on the highest setting cranks out 90 lumens. For about $35 I challenge anyone to find a better value than the Fenix HL21 Headlamp.

:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
if you don't want the weight on the end of your stick, it is very easy to make your own custom lights using LEDs from Radio Shack

plastic/rubber tool dip will waterproof the connections and you can carry the battery(s) wherever you'd like

If putting this together isn't in your skill set, do a search on instructables.com or youtube for diy led flashlights - very simple stuff

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
I have use the headlamps on and off over the many years I have been detecting. I now try and stay away from the brightest light I can find. I opt more for the red led's. Reason is it just attracts too much attention at night. I saw a hunter last year with a headlamp so big it looked like a car on the beach. When He? looked around it was shinny in homes and just blinding anyone looking that direction.Really it was illuminated 30 ft in front of him. Now rarely do I need to see what I recovered. It beeped I dug it its in the scoop to the hand,to the pouch and its another fun time at home seeing what was found! There's really know need to see what you dig. If its so small it fall through the scoop, I just grab a whole hand full of sand.
The pouch is designed to sift it that's why I spent 30 bucks.
IMHO BCNJ

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
I don't recall a name associated with my pouch its sold my many dealers I just don't know if anybody here sells them so If I say the wrong thing TN will have a SF. Really starting not to like this site.Time to move on!
BCNJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread