first beach/wet sand and shallow water detector, garrett at pro?

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been reading many glowing reviews on the Garrett AT Pro, saying that it is one of the better all around detectors out there for the money. But I am wondering if it is a viable option for wet sand beach hunting? I see many people swear by their Minelab Excalibur for this type of metal detecting. What do you guys think? I want to purchase a detector to hunt on wet sand and along beaches but I don't know which to get.

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT Pro is not a saltwater machine, it is built for land and freshwater hunting. The cheapest way to get into the wet sand and saltwater is a Tesoro Sand Shark, pulse induction metal detector - about $600.00. You'll also need a heavy duty wet sand scoop, another $150-$250.00. No cheap way to hunt saltwater.

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry we don't say cheap when talking about our sharks we say cost effective ! LOL love mine just need to put the coil over the gold .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread