surf PI vs Beachunter

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2
It depends on your beaches... if they are iron infested go with the beachhunter... if you are going to also hit the dry sand again go with a VLF...

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It depends on your beaches... if they are iron infested go with the beachhunter... if you are going to also hit the dry sand again go with a VLF...
I agree with Craig here....but I use the Dual Field every where....I do try to choose my areas to avoid Iron at times. But the amount of gold I have come up with by digging everything has me sold on the PI. I use it in lakes even. The beach hunter 300 is a great detector to loved mine!!

OP
OP
B

Barrell

Jul 27, 2012
Fort Pierce,FL
Primary Interest:
I agree with Craig here....but I use the Dual Field every where....I do try to choose my areas to avoid Iron at times. But the amount of gold I have come up with by digging everything has me sold on the PI. I use it in lakes even. The beach hunter 300 is a great detector to loved mine!!
Ok , So I found a mint Beach hunter used for $500. Where can I get the best deal on a PI?

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Sand Shark it's new to me only about 10 hours on it . I have yet to find gold but I need to get a long handle scoop and hunt better areas . I know the gold will come to me as I learn my new machine .

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Florida almost everyone uses the Excal II or the CZ 21. I was digging way to much junk with my DF. There are really only four guys using PI machines on this forum. Look at reviews on the Beach Hunter.

A lot more than four I can assure you.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend that just bought a sand shark a he loves it,I own a dual field and I like it alot,I've made alot of money over the years with it,but you do have to dig everthing.IF your young go for the PI,
If your not you might want to look into an excal 1 or 2000 and there alot more money.Good luck in your choice.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
B

Barrell

Jul 27, 2012
Fort Pierce,FL
Primary Interest:
Thanks, for the responses. The more research I do the more the PI is looking like the machine for salt water. I live all winter 500 yards away from one of the 1715 spanish ship wrecks and Im sure alot of guys have worked the beach hard with shallow detectors that discriminate. The Pi looks like it might find some stuff they missed on the beach. I just better get a big shovel:laughing7:

thebiggerdigger

Greenie
Jul 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with the PI and let us see that treasure! Just be prepared to spend mid $100 for that Big Scoop...but it is worth it and when you are digging in the surf.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is TWO tears old. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread