Anyone Else Had This Fun.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was water hunting this morning at low tide, walking the waterline just beyond the breakers, nice morning, mild rollers. About the time the tide started coming back in I got a pretty good hit, faint but still sharp and solid. So I go after it, evidently lose it in the bottom of the hole. Well, tide is getting a bit more motion in it and so am I so after my second dig I stick my coil in the hole for quick reference if I have to make a third attempt. In the mean time I’m slowly sifting the sand out of the scoop near the surface just in case it’s a small target, which I suspect it to be. Nope, not a small target but an old pull tab ring with some buildup around it. Oh well, at least it was a target. Turn to head out of the water and can’t get my coil out of the now filled in deep hole, waves smacking my little butt here to there. Ohhhhhh….was that fun. :laughing7: I'm sure to the folks on the beach it looked like I was wrestling with a tuna or something. I didn't think I was ever going to get that thing back of the sand in one piece.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, thats the funniest thing i heard in a long time!!! :laughing9:

When I lived in Indiana I went to hunt a small beach inside one of those gated private communities, figured there might be some real nice goodies on that little beach. Anyway, I'm not in the water more then about ten minutes when I start feeling all these pin-pricks on my legs. When I look down I see all these small bluegills going after the hairs on my legs, guess they thought they were worms or something. :laughing7: One of the most painfully funny hunts I've ever endured. Didn't find squat! I'll bet it looked like I had some kind of twitching disorder or something. I've sure had a lot of fun and funny times doing this hobby. :icon_thumleft:

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ya I have had that happen before. My buddy had a hole cave in on a sand bar that was pretty deep we both had to dig it out just enought to get under it.
BCNJ

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. I've had the hole fill in on top of my coil as well. Each time it happens I hold my breath as I pull it up out of the sand, hoping that I'm not damaging the connection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread