PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rained most of the day and was able to finish work and get a quick hour in the water. Have had pretty good waves the last few days on Grand Traverse Bay and was getting some more targets than usual in a few areas I hunt a lot. Found some clad and than these

Found this shield thing didn't think too much of it until I cleaned it up a little, I assume maybe a football(soccer) club emblem. Maybe it gold?
shield_resize.jpg

Then I found this thing it is about 2 inches long and weighs 1.22oz. No idea what it is, but looks to be hand made.
back.jpg
front.jpg sideview.jpg
scale.jpg

Upvote 0

koolaidsmile

May 17, 2012
The second one is very interesting! Looks to be an old piece of jewelry from Italy maybe

Kathy (koolaidsmile) :-)

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Find You Might want to Post It In What Is it Section And Get it tested for Gold Content It Looks Great In the Picture And Would Look great Up top In the Banner Chug

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!! Congratulation!!

OP
OP
PullTabPete

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Find You Might want to Post It In What Is it Section And Get it tested for Gold Content It Looks Great In the Picture And Would Look great Up top In the Banner Chug

Thanks for the suggestion Chug. My best guess is it some kind of Mexican religious symbol, it looks older but the hole which had a broken golden clasp in it looks modern.

I do have a metals test kit that I haven't tried yet, so will probably do that later this week.

HH

Pete

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
PTP, those are very interesting and intriguing finds!

I 'd love to find a medallion like that.

Lorraine

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting medallion! It may have golg content, It has good weight.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Nice medallion! It sure looks like it could have at least some gold to it.

koolaidsmile

May 17, 2012
It actually looks to be kinda Egyptian especially with the head dress and the background setting! Is it hard or kinda soft on the surface! If you want a quick easy gold test put some makeup on your arm and rub the piece on it! If it turns black it's gold!

Kathy (koolaidsmile) :-)

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just digging in to the mystery of the item's history and identity is a treasure within itself! Very cool medallion/commemorative or whatever it may end up being. :icon_thumleft: Very cool when you can find something else to explore.

OP
OP
PullTabPete

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well the medallion was an interesting item, but sadly not gold. Kind of got my hopes up tested it for 10K and it failed. It was not magnetic and looked to be solid, but not AU. Took it to the local coin shop they used an electrical tester and no luck.

I did post in the what is it? forum as Chug suggested and believe I got a correct answer. Looks like it is a Minoan symbol not an Aztec as I was thinkiing. i thank Tnet member Montauk for his help.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/305298-mexican-religious-symbol.html

HH everyone,

Pete

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds .Always fun to find something different. WTG:thumbsup:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the medallion was an interesting item, but sadly not gold. Kind of got my hopes up tested it for 10K and it failed. It was not magnetic and looked to be solid, but not AU. Took it to the local coin shop they used an electrical tester and no luck.

I did post in the what is it? forum as Chug suggested and believe I got a correct answer. Looks like it is a Minoan symbol not an Aztec as I was thinkiing. i thank Tnet member Montauk for his help.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/305298-mexican-religious-symbol.html

HH everyone,

Pete
Thanks for the update...still a cool find.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a cool find. Now..... Kathy, that was an interesting way to test gold. Means ill have to carry a makeup bag around ooooorrr as some nice looking lady on the beach if i can barrow her's. BUT you can bet im going to try that method..... where did you get it?

Dew

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a very nice find.:icon_thumleft:

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Anticipation is sometimes greater than the reward". Don't know who said that but it's true. I always enjoy finding something out of the norm even if it doesn't have great value.

OP
OP
PullTabPete

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Anticipation is sometimes greater than the reward". Don't know who said that but it's true. I always enjoy finding something out of the norm even if it doesn't have great value.

It was a really cool find and I would almost say that I was glad isn't gold beacuse I might be tempted to sell it. Nah, I would rather it be gold because I wouldn't sell it anyways.

Evrey day is treasure hunt and I'm loving it, can't wait to get out again.

Pete

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread