Tell me about scoops

Barrell

Jul 27, 2012
Fort Pierce,FL
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ok after a week of research Ive decided on the Whites surfmasterPI but what about scoops? With the PI Ill be forced to dig everything and dig deep in the wet sand. How are the hand held and long handled scoops that whites sells? Any homemade ideas? I plan on strictly working the beach all winter. Dry sand, wet sand and in the water both shallow and using my Hookah. Im looking to be fast and eficient. Ive seen some videos where experts only waste 5 to 10 seconds per dig in shallow water.

Upvote 0

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
New scoop 11.jpg New scoop 22.jpg Big one is 10". Smaller one is 7", which is pretty big in of itself. 10 inch one has it out for those coins that just escape me. lol hh an gl. -Joe

***EDIT You should go VLF if your new to water hunting. A PI might be very discouraging to you. It is up to you, but I suggest a cz 21 or excal II. They both get the job done. If you still wanna do it in a year, just get another machine...being the PI.

Ok after a week of research Ive decided on the Whites surfmasterPI but what about scoops? With the PI Ill be forced to dig everything and dig deep in the wet sand. How are the hand held and long handled scoops that whites sells? Any homemade ideas? I plan on strictly working the beach all winter. Dry sand, wet sand and in the water both shallow and using my Hookah. Im looking to be fast and eficient. Ive seen some videos where experts only waste 5 to 10 seconds per dig in shallow water.

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really have to know your beach BEFORE you perchase a PI. If you dont..... i agree getting a disc machine at first. They will pay for their selves if you put in the time and if you find there is just way to much trash out there you will be glad you chose a disc machine. I use the Xcal and wouldnt mind having a PI on occasions ...... but i find when the beach in the winter make cuts not only the good stuff fall out..... but so does even more bad. Scoops..... i found i prefer a SS scoop. Most aluminum's for me are to enclosed and as they fill with sand.... floaters tend to keep getting away from you. They tend to roll while attempting to get them into shell hard pad also. In the water i just prefer a bigger scoop..... on the sand, heck you can use a shovel if you want, but i still use my large scoop and just kick the sand.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread