No Sleep for me LOST GOLD off the end of my scoop!

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Made my way down the beach area yesterday morning. After not being able to sleep the night before and this is why.... On one of my last targets out at neck deep water from the day before, I got a signal that made me dig for about 15 minutes... it was deep... After stiring up the mud, and not being able to see to begin with... the water clarity was zero. I did manage to get the target in the scoop, or at least on the tip of it, made a dash for it, and it slipped away off the edge into the depths... Forever lost? I searched another 15 minutes and couldn't find it... I knew it was a ring, and I knew it was gold.... Man was I beside myself... I work to hard to find that kind of stuff... I just couldn't let it go... All night long, I pondered over it... sulking like a baby, I gathered my thoughts, and said I'm going to get it no matter what....took off bright and early and waited for the rite tide.. I was early and you can see why... I just needed to get it clipped onto my ring clip... Out into the water I went found a couple sinkers, a few coins and just as the tide was low enough I was where I was the day before. BANK a signal out deep and I looked down and rite on top was a nice Gold ring, didn't even have to dig... I knew it was what slipped off my scoop a day before... Thank You to the Gold Gods... Now I can sleep tonight...I had a few more bullets, and some Kast Masters... One small ear ring stud that was sterling silver, and about half way in another Gold Ring with the stone missing this time... I am on an Emerald streak.... It was close to the other one I found the other day... wonder if they both were lost by the same person... ? Mom Ring (6).jpg Mom Ring (7).jpg Mom Ring (8).jpg Mom Ring (9).jpg Mom Ring (10).jpg Mom Ring (11).jpg

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Interesting post, Whydah!

Glad you recovered the gold ring; I lost a gold medallion last week..it slipped out of my hand as I was putting it in the pouch....but didn't realize it until I got to the car...by then, the tide had come back to shore...Bye, bye medallion! :>(

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Interesting post, Whydah!

Glad you recovered the gold ring; I lost a gold medallion last week..it slipped out of my hand as I was putting it in the pouch....but didn't realize it until I got to the car...by then, the tide had come back to shore...Bye, bye medallion! :>(

I guess it happens to all of us at one time or another... Lost a Mercury dime a few weeks agao... thought I put it into my pouch, got home and never located it... It was very rough water, but still no excuse... Thats why I use a clip for my rings, after recovering them I clip them on so as to not lose them... I use it on land also...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG - another one for the wife :laughing7:
youre doing better with me not going out there
where have you been going ? :tongue3:
Keep it up :icon_thumleft:

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Wow nice post ,great reading and great finds!!! Thanks for sharing!!

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thinks I would have been ticked off also and gone back! You were lucky. Does your detector have a gps on it? :laughing7:

kray

Mar 21, 2010
SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
E Trac
AT Pro
Nautilus 11Ba
MXT
M6
6000 DiPro
Omega
Bounty hunter TR550
Heathkit homemade
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain. I lost my only ring last year on Cape Cod.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds whydah,and awesome story.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story, now how well did you sleep after re finding the ring? I would have slept like a baby!

NYwaterhunter

Jul 23, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome ! I allways say, "Patience and Persistance"
I have been lucky enough to not loose any rings yet (except the ones that somehow made it onto my wifes fingers!)
I'm sure I will loose one some day.
The one's I can't wait to find are the two rings my detecting partners insist on wearing when detecting and diving. (wedding bands)
I tell them over and over to take them off before hunting but they insist on not doing so!
I can't wait for the day I scoop them up and they beg for them back! They will be in the dog house for a long time !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread