Didnt make it out yesterday - saved all my luck for today!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to get out on Monday but my left hand looked like Mikey Mouses after Sunday hunt
wanted to get out at sunrise this morning and hit a fresh water spot - but just couldnt get up -
finally got up at 8am - too late for any fresh water spots near me - Soooo I checked saltwater tides
for surrounding states - picked a state - decided on a beach and off I went
took a little over 2 hrs to get there - arrived 2 hrs before low tide - strong winds :cussing:strong surf :angry5:
overcast - which I dont mind - means less people in the way
I knew I would not be able to get out as far as I would like - so I went in the shallows and worked
parallel to the shore - 10 yrds - got a quarter - another 10 yrds - another quarter - another 10 yrds
another quarter - at least I knew there were finds that were recent or missed - this beach is a recent drop spot
there are tons of guys that hit here - timing is everything
I could not decide if I should continue in my straight line or turn and work back - i turned back
I went out to just over waist deep and worked back to where i went in - I got a few more recent coin drops
when I got to the point where I had first entered - I again stopped and contemplated my next move - turn again and work
parallel or head in and grid in and out and work my way down - I chose to grid - good thing I did
I headed in towards a sand castle that I was using for my starting point - just as I got to knee deep water - i got a blast
-thought I had another fresh quarter - was surprised when I saw large gold ring in my scoop - quickly pouched it
I was only in the water 15-20 mins. Its nice to score early in a hunt - I continued to grid - i would go out about 10yrds - turn and work in etc. -I was getting at least one target in every pass - about 20 yrds down the beach from ring find - i got a blast in
about ankle deep water - it turned out to be a recent bottle cap - I checked the spot and got a reading about 1 foot away - figured it was another cap - i scooped with no expectations - looked in and saw gold rope chain in scoop with 2 small gold medals on it
WHOOHOO!!! - never expected it - was only about 10 mins after the ring
I looked back to where I came in and saw another detectorist enter where i had - had he gotten there before me - he would have had that gold ring probably - he started to grid in my direction and by the time I was 50 yrds more down the beach - he was on spot where I got the necklace - thats what I mean about timing - unless he comes here and reads this - he'll never know what he missed . he looked and saw me farther down beach working away from him and probably realize why he was not getting anything
- I saw him dig once as he went over area I did and that was cause he went out a little deeper in his pass than I did -he turned and headed the other way and eventually gave up at left
- I continued to get quarters here and there - came up with a stainless chain with cross - cross is marked -STER. - found earlobe ring not far away. Coins got few and far between - managed to get out a little deeper - but it was pretty quite out deep - before calling it a day - looked out in deep water and saw bill floating - snagged it and looked around for more - but that was it .
started to pour as I was gettin out - my day was over anyways and I was a happy hunter :icon_sunny:
chain is 14k - so are medals - about .497 oz troy
ring is 14k - small diamond tested real = .220 oz troy
rijul31.JPG ri31jul.JPG jul31ri.JPG

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:wav:Fantastic hunting, Casper!!

Lorraine

jmoe

Nov 19, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Gotta love a day like that ,great finds

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Awesome hunt. Great finds! You are having a great year. Congrats!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful finds...great story and great hunt...big congrats.

SNF101480

Mar 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, well done! You've been doing great. Keep it up!

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More crazy finds....I think you need to take the rest of the year off! lol :occasion14:

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark. Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right, timing is everything on those heavily hunted spots. Nice finds.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment of finds!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a dream day! Very sweet finds Casper!

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great day! hope the mickey mouse hand can carry all that bling!

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG,,You are such a skillful hunter & like you said @ the right time:icon_thumleft:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and very nice so congratulation!!
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread