svensken77

Jun 29, 2012
westside
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE 350 (sold)
Garrett AT PRO
Garret pro pinpointer
Minelab Excalibur II
As my other thread about how fast stuff sinks in the water turned into a what should i buy thread im starting a new one for that.
I found a seller in Italy this time called: metaldetectorpro.it/en/ that sells detectors and have really good prices. If i have the guts to send that much money to a company that i never heard of i might buy a Minelab Excalibur II..
My Garrett AT PRO does not work good in salt water and as i talked to 2 other guys today with the same problem here in sweden im assuming theres nothing wrong with it, it just cant handle the black sand.
The AT is a single frequency detector and thats what not working in black sand right?
The minelab Excal works in 17 frequencies is that GUARANTEED to work in the saltwater for me or should i stick with a PI detector like the Whites Surf dual field or Garrett sea hunter (are thoose GUARANTEED to work?).
I can't risk getting a THIRD detector that will not work in the water..
Thanks for any input on this.. My head is spinning with all detectors right now and smoke coming out of my ears...

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The detection on the beach, you need PI and VLF(BBS).
You buy Excalibur or Sov GT with close eye.
BBS is best working on the beach (any Sand) and detect all jewerly. Im sure you will be vey happy.
Hamid

OP
OP
S

svensken77

Jun 29, 2012
westside
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE 350 (sold)
Garrett AT PRO
Garret pro pinpointer
Minelab Excalibur II
Good luck with the Excal, I was looking for the dealer in Finland, to give to you, but couldnt find his address. I was going to buy from there also, but didnt want problems with importing it into another country. .
I found 3 Detectorseller in finland.

I found: Finndetector, Detectorlabs and something called villenkello. But that make actually only 2 since Detectrolabs is the international part of Finndetector.
None of thoose shippes the Minelab to sweden wich is too bad cuz the prices are very good, better than were i bought from and waaaayy better then SWE prices.
Well i paid what i had too and i hopefully will have alot of finds with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread