Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ace 250 beach

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Colin McCloud

Jul 2012
    League City, Texas
    Ace 250- Garrett Pro Pointer- Razor Edge Gator Digger
    17 times
    Metal Detecting

Ace 250 beach

Found all these coins plus a silver ring, a pendant, a key, and a button!! 40 pennies, 5 nickels, 9 dimes, and 11 quarters!!! Had an amazing day for it only being my 2nd week with it! Sensitivity was at 4 and I had it on coins with nickel discriminated out. Was out at south padre island Texas!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3405567538.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	496.8 KB 
ID:	660051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2649956608.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	503.7 KB 
ID:	660052  

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    To hot to play today

Jun 2012
    South Texas
    Ace 250
    139 times
    Metal Detecting
    I glad to hear the Ace worked well. Did you detect over wet sand or shallow water?

I have been wondering how the 250 was going to work at the beach (Port A area). Just been to hot around here to think about going outside detecting. But the soft sand does sound good.

GL & HH, and keep us posted on your finds.
    South Texas
    Ace 250, GPP and one used treasure map

us
    Anita

Apr 2012
    New Hampshire
    V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster
    323 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nice finds! Congrats!

HH
    Silver, gold - I don't discriminate! I like sparkly things". ~ Charlaine Harris

us
    Oct 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Ace250 Tesoro Tiger Shark 10.5" Coil
    1 times
    I've got an Ace 250 and it doesn't work well in wet sand at all for me...

us
    Colin McCloud

Jul 2012
    League City, Texas
    17 times
    Metal Detecting
    Almost the whole time used it in the dry soft sand, and worked amazingly well.

Apr 2012
    40 times
    I have a Ace350 and It is useless in the wet sand , false signals even set at the lowest sensitivity . I now have a Sand Shark for the beach and water digging more but making recoveries . Gold and silver will come soon enough for me .

us
    To hot to play today

Jun 2012
    South Texas
    Ace 250
    139 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mccloud39 View Post
    Almost the whole time used it in the dry soft sand, and worked amazingly well.
    Thanks Mccloud39. I was hopping the Ace would like the Pardre Island wet sand better.
    South Texas
    Ace 250, GPP and one used treasure map

gb
    Fred

May 2007
    Huntington Beach,CA
    Ace250 Whites Surf PI Pro
    528 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Good going.
    I use the Ace 250 on the blanket line and 'moist' sand with great success. I also like it around the fire pits where you can discriminate out a lot of the trash. I have the Whites surf pi for the wet stuff.

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    1771 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Great coin count and great hunt. You know you have gold discriminated out with those settings?
    fredinbelize likes this.

us
    Fenway

Jun 2012
    Massachusetts
    Excal II, CTX 30-30
    99 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I love my 250 in the dry sand. I recently cashed in over $130 in clad from just a few month's hunting. Don't even bother with the wet stuff - it will drive you bonkers. Too many false signals and constant chattering. I recently got a Sand Shark too to hunt the wet sand and in the water - love it!

If you plan on keeping that 250, check out their double D coil. It will pay for itself in no time! I get much more depth than the stock coil and the sensitivity is much, much better. I will go through a trashy area with the stock coil first, then go over it again with the DD coil. You'll be surprised what you missed! I started getting much more silver coins with the DD because I was getting much deeper!! One problem: Garrett advertised it would be good for wet sand - its not. They offered to refund my money but I was so happy with its performance in the dry sand I decided to keep it.
    fredinbelize likes this.

us
    May 2012
    PA
    Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
    117 times
    Metal Detecting
    Your on the beach and you set your machine to discriminate gold? Doesn't make sense man.

us
    Colin McCloud

Jul 2012
    League City, Texas
    17 times
    Metal Detecting
    I really wasn't planning on finding gold so I just went cherry picking for coins, and I was very happy with my finds
    fredinbelize likes this.

us
    Dec 2010
    Minelab GT; Sov Elite
    2122 times
    That's a very good coin count, mccloud 39.

I wish you continued success with your Ace 250. I'm thinking of buying one just for dry sand hunting.

Lorraine

us
    Sep 2009
    Florida
    2 times
    My wife has an Ace 250, the first MD for this house, she also has a Sand Shark. The Sand Shark has maybe 4 hours total use. If we go beach hunting, she hits dry sand with the 250. She prefers less weight, less work digging dry sand, and most times does pretty well.

If she gets near the wet sand, it really falls off performance wise.

The 250 is a nice machine. Granted it is no Tejon, but then again is less money and far easier to use than many detectors.

I was considering buying her a Tesoro Vaquero, but have reconsidered seeing how much she enjoys the 250.

PK

us
    Apr 2012
    The Jersey Shore
    Ace350/ATpro/Excalibur1000/ Eldorado/BandidoII uMax/Silver Sabre uMax/Compadre/ Garrett Pro-Pointer/Lesche digger model 75/ RTG stainless Beachmaster scoop/Stealth S3i Sugarsand Scoop
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lorraine

I wish you continued success with your Ace 250. I'm thinking of buying one just for dry sand hunting.

Lorraine
    If I were you I would spend the $50 more and get the Ace 350. It operates at a higher frequency, (better to find gold) has the DD coil ( goes deep and is better with pinpointing separate targets that are close to each other) and finally it has more iron discrimination than the 250.
    lorraine likes this.
    One must be smarter than the equipment they are working with!

us
    Dec 2010
    Minelab GT; Sov Elite
    2122 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace350 View Post
    If I were you I would spend the $50 more and get the Ace 350. It operates at a higher frequency, (better to find gold) has the DD coil ( goes deep and is better with pinpointing separate targets that are close to each other) and finally it has more iron discrimination than the 250.
    Thank you ACE 350 ...you must have ESP because those are the answers for which I was getting ready to post questions

Lorraine

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    1828 times
    Nice haul!
    One third jewelry of the World are under sand so far
    Finds2013
    Coins usables=50436
    Silver= 890 pieces
    Gold= 63g

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    7498 times
    Your discriminating out gold to cherry pick clad coins, you can cash in one gold ring for a thousand coins. My last gold ring found at beach was valued at $282 if I melt it down, that is 1124 quarters .

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Apr 2012
    The Jersey Shore
    Ace350/ATpro/Excalibur1000/ Eldorado/BandidoII uMax/Silver Sabre uMax/Compadre/ Garrett Pro-Pointer/Lesche digger model 75/ RTG stainless Beachmaster scoop/Stealth S3i Sugarsand Scoop
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    I'm thinking of buying one just for dry sand hunting.
    Lorraine
    You're welcome Lorraine,
    Here's another tip. Go online and get prices, Then call Bart at Big Boys Hobbies.
    I go with Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. He answers the phone when you call him, he is friendly and full of knowledge and is glad to share it with others. He usually ships out the same day. Ask him your questions and you will get an informative and honest answer that's backed by his personal knowledge. Oh yea, don't forget to mention you are a forum member here and you will get a better deal.

Give him a call: tel:405-206-9010

Here's his website:

Metal Detector Sales Specializing in Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and Garrett Detectors
    One must be smarter than the equipment they are working with!

us
    Dec 2010
    Minelab GT; Sov Elite
    2122 times
    Thank you for the info, ACE 350.

I'll do some further research on this detector.

Lorraine
    Quod facis bene fac

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors