Upvote 0

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I glad to hear the Ace worked well. Did you detect over wet sand or shallow water?

I have been wondering how the 250 was going to work at the beach (Port A area). Just been to hot around here to think about going outside detecting. But the soft sand does sound good.

GL & HH, and keep us posted on your finds.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Congrats!

HH

NashvilleLife

Tenderfoot
Oct 16, 2011
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Tesoro Tiger Shark 10.5" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got an Ace 250 and it doesn't work well in wet sand at all for me...

OP
OP
mccloud39

mccloud39

Jul 21, 2012
League City, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250-
Garrett Pro Pointer-
Razor Edge Gator Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Almost the whole time used it in the dry soft sand, and worked amazingly well.

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Ace350 and It is useless in the wet sand , false signals even set at the lowest sensitivity . I now have a Sand Shark for the beach and water digging more but making recoveries . Gold and silver will come soon enough for me .

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good going.
I use the Ace 250 on the blanket line and 'moist' sand with great success. I also like it around the fire pits where you can discriminate out a lot of the trash. I have the Whites surf pi for the wet stuff.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great coin count and great hunt. You know you have gold discriminated out with those settings?

Fenway

Jun 30, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal II,
CTX 30-30, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
I love my 250 in the dry sand. I recently cashed in over $130 in clad from just a few month's hunting. Don't even bother with the wet stuff - it will drive you bonkers. Too many false signals and constant chattering. I recently got a Sand Shark too to hunt the wet sand and in the water - love it!

If you plan on keeping that 250, check out their double D coil. It will pay for itself in no time! I get much more depth than the stock coil and the sensitivity is much, much better. I will go through a trashy area with the stock coil first, then go over it again with the DD coil. You'll be surprised what you missed! I started getting much more silver coins with the DD because I was getting much deeper!! One problem: Garrett advertised it would be good for wet sand - its not. They offered to refund my money but I was so happy with its performance in the dry sand I decided to keep it.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your on the beach and you set your machine to discriminate gold? Doesn't make sense man.

OP
OP
mccloud39

mccloud39

Jul 21, 2012
League City, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250-
Garrett Pro Pointer-
Razor Edge Gator Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really wasn't planning on finding gold so I just went cherry picking for coins, and I was very happy with my finds

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
That's a very good coin count, mccloud 39.

I wish you continued success with your Ace 250. I'm thinking of buying one just for dry sand hunting.

Lorraine

JKPK1

Sep 27, 2009
Florida
My wife has an Ace 250, the first MD for this house, she also has a Sand Shark. The Sand Shark has maybe 4 hours total use. If we go beach hunting, she hits dry sand with the 250. She prefers less weight, less work digging dry sand, and most times does pretty well.

If she gets near the wet sand, it really falls off performance wise.

The 250 is a nice machine. Granted it is no Tejon, but then again is less money and far easier to use than many detectors.

I was considering buying her a Tesoro Vaquero, but have reconsidered seeing how much she enjoys the 250.

PK

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lorraine said:

I wish you continued success with your Ace 250. I'm thinking of buying one just for dry sand hunting.

Lorraine

If I were you I would spend the $50 more and get the Ace 350. It operates at a higher frequency, (better to find gold) has the DD coil ( goes deep and is better with pinpointing separate targets that are close to each other) and finally it has more iron discrimination than the 250.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
If I were you I would spend the $50 more and get the Ace 350. It operates at a higher frequency, (better to find gold) has the DD coil ( goes deep and is better with pinpointing separate targets that are close to each other) and finally it has more iron discrimination than the 250.

Thank you ACE 350 :icon_thumleft: ...you must have ESP because those are the answers for which I was getting ready to post questions

Lorraine

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your discriminating out gold to cherry pick clad coins, you can cash in one gold ring for a thousand coins. My last gold ring found at beach was valued at $282 if I melt it down, that is 1124 quarters .

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking of buying one just for dry sand hunting.
Lorraine
You're welcome Lorraine,
Here's another tip. Go online and get prices, Then call Bart at Big Boys Hobbies.
I go with Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. He answers the phone when you call him, he is friendly and full of knowledge and is glad to share it with others. He usually ships out the same day. Ask him your questions and you will get an informative and honest answer that's backed by his personal knowledge. Oh yea, don't forget to mention you are a forum member here and you will get a better deal.

Give him a call: tel:405-206-9010

Here's his website:

Metal Detector Sales Specializing in Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and Garrett Detectors

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Thank you for the info, ACE 350.

I'll do some further research on this detector.

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread