A few questions about sunspot stealth scoops

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be looking to buy a stainless scoop soon.Does the stealth scoop "drag behind you well" in the water,or does it tend to dig itself in and create a lot of resistance? I have been using an alum scoop for six years,and can drag it for hours.The only problem with the alum,is that I am killing it in the rocky/shelly areas.I made a stainless tip that I can bolt on,but it makes a lot of resistance when you dig.Do most people go with the 8" stealth,or the 6"? any comments about the stealth scoops would help. Thanks and happy hunting.

Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 8" and carry it over my shoulder (I covered that area of the shaft with a section of a noodle pool float). I found the stealth to be too much like a cheese grader when dragging it, with a lot of weighty sand piling up inside the scoop.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used many types and brands of scoops and the Sunspot is the best I have ever used for all bottom materials. Maybe I haven't had to dig in all type bottoms, but even the type handle or shape of it is of consideration. It does drag well and you don't notice it is there till you need it. If you are hunting the saltwater beaches where you need a big fast bite of sand the larger one is best. For freshwater I like the smaller one but this is a personal choice. "the STEALTH" by Sunspot
View attachment 660951 This is a pic of the smaller Sunspot Stealth that has the small holes in front. I added two earth magnets to stop earring studs and backs from sliding toward the larger holes.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 8" and carry it over my shoulder (I covered that area of the shaft with a section of a noodle pool float). I found the stealth to be too much like a cheese grader when dragging it, with a lot of weighty sand piling up inside the scoop.
Ive thought about getting one and now Im glad I didnt after reading this.I drag my rtg scoop behind me and it never picks up sand.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive thought about getting one and now Im glad I didnt after reading this.I drag my rtg scoop behind me and it never picks up sand.

You guys are dragging it sideways. Drag it backwards, no trouble and it has to many holes for sand to build up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread