I am the tent stake king! ...and other fun stuff.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 661059 View attachment 661060

I went to Vilano Beach near St. Augustine to visit a friend this weekend and brought my metal detector along. A storm pounded the beach last night and I got up for a few hours in the am. Would have found more but I got chased in by the tide. Most of the iron I found the day before. The two rings I found this am. These are my first gold and silver rings. The gold is a men's band, 14K. The silver ring is 925, made in Thailand, not sure what the stones or inlay are.

Ps. If anybody needs a tent stake....come to the tent stake king.

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first gold and silver rings...both on the same hunt...nice.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Crispin,

Congrats on your first gold and silver ring finds! :hello2:

Interesting design on the silver ring...I like it!

Nice goin'!

Lorraine

Attachments

• stormy.jpg
    stormy.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 181

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Congrats on the GOLD and Silver rings! The silver ring looks very nice. Guess you are addicted to this sport for life now, like so many of us.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy, I thought there were days that I found a lot of tent stakes.... but you've got me beat! I give the good one's to a girlfriend of mine- she has a habit of losing them. I've saved a few for my yard decoration's to keep item's staked into the ground. Congratulations on the rings!

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found two tent stakes this weekend. Will ship to you ASAP. Appears you are cornering the market on them...reply if wanted...:laughing9:

Really pretty rings! Nice finds.

HH,
Anita

cra61

Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett "carrot" Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my share of tent stakes when in New Hampshire three weeks ago. From now on will save them for you.
Rick

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got some rewards for picking up all that iron and fishhooks. Wouldn't want to step on either in the water. Congrats on the gold and silver.

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
........................I could start a business selling those damn tent stakes!!!!!!!!!:BangHead:

Surfview

Jul 1, 2012
Marineland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
I've hunted that area before and you and I could start a business on those tent stakes. I find them in other places, but not like the Villano area. I can now pretty much recognize their signal. I dig them anyway, just in case.....

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
SusanMN, that stuff is sharp! Everybody who metal detects better be up to date on their tetanus shot. The good think about digging rust in St. Augustine is you never know when you might pull up an artifact.

Surfview, if I ever get up there again I'm going to try the intercostal side where the cars can't get to. That would probably eliminate all the automotive iron; of course, it will also eliminate the gold and silver drops. Nonetheless, it would be cool to metal detect with the fort on the opposite side of the water.

Surfview

Jul 1, 2012
Marineland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Crispin said:
SusanMN, that stuff is sharp! Everybody who metal detects better be up to date on their tetanus shot. The good think about digging rust in St. Augustine is you never know when you might pull up an artifact.

Surfview, if I ever get up there again I'm going to try the intercostal side where the cars can't get to. That would probably eliminate all the automotive iron; of course, it will also eliminate the gold and silver drops. Nonetheless, it would be cool to metal detect with the fort on the opposite side of the water.

Never done that, but I've only been detecting for a couple months. Sounds like a good idea. Spanish were here a long time. Shoreline constantly changing. My son and his friend found a 1600-1700? Spanish coin awhile back after a storm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread