Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monday was a silver day for me- some silver quarters - couple of silver war nickles
a silver relig. medal and at PM low tide -a large silver band
almost exactly at the same time Whydah pulled his diamond - we both gave ring signal at the same time
Tues. low tide was a bust - place Whydah and i hit - was clean of all good targets - but
jerk(s) that did the cleaning threw bunch of dug trash back on top - saw scoop marks and
both of us found can bottoms and tops throw backs and other trash next to holes - someone had had to of been there the night before
left there and decided to hit a spot that neither of us had hit in the water - Whydah had dry hunted there though)
as we entered - lifeguard yelled that we could wear masks but no snorkels - a woman
said we could leave them near her blanket so we wouldnt have to walk back to parking lot
so we did - and off we go
I usually walk into the water about waist deep - spit in mask and rinse
put mask on - snorkel in mouth - headphones on - detector on - and go
I did and looked back to see where Whydah was - he was setting his machine up and we both ventured forward
with out snorkel - i would put my face in and work -come up - take a breath and put face in again
I walked about 15 feet from where i had set up - I got a loud blast - thought i had a large fishing weight or a screw cap
I looked down and saw thin rim of what looked like a screw cap - came up for air and took a look again and said - "hey that could be a gold ring"
instead of scooping - I dropped down and snatched it off the bottom - I turned to Whydah and gave him our ring sign
he gave me a "your kidding" look back - I told him I had a class ring and a large one
I had been in the water probably a minute
walked over and showed him - I think we both had high hopes that this would be the first of many if this one was missed - but alas
finds were few and far between - i got a silver relig.medal and we both got a few coins and a few sinkers but no other jewelry
place had a nice bottom and we did get there after low tide - Im sure will try it again 8-)
both rings are about a size 12
aug6-7.JPG 6-7aug.JPG

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the ring. One of the biggest chains I found I only seen a link showing in the sand and I thought it was an earring. On waving the coil over it to see if it was plastic, it was like placing the coil on a car hood. With goggles you can see the small stuff.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Excellent hunting , Casper; nice post & pics

Lorraine

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scum is the best word to describe persons who leave there trash behind. If I see them I am not shy about saying something! Great digs Casper, WTG!

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
More nice finds and a good story and pics. Congrats! Nice to get the story of the hunt. Keeps me excited about detecting until I can go again.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, congratulation!!

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
exellent hunt casper, nice class ring:icon_thumleft:

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another fine hunt Casper, good luck on finding the lost finger to it :sunny:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your having a great Summer...keep it going.

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark. Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings, thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread