beach junk

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i was at vero beach last weekend when i saw something that really floored me! a person with a metal detector digging and 1/2 filling the hole. i was going to say something but i watched for awile. the reason he 1/2 filled the hole was to rebury the junk he just dug! my wife dug up one of the holes and found a AA battery.
when we got back to the car he was there. i asked him what he did with all the junk he digs up. he said very nicely that he just puts it back.
i said i just throw mine away when i leave the beach. his answer really got me! he said it was part of the fun to dig stuff and he wanted others to enjoy the hobby!
stupid people do not know they are stupid!

Upvote 0

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:......need I say more?

Anita

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, nothing in this world is idiot proof......just idiot resistant.
So I gotta ask, do you think he was just a common dumb guy? Or was he possibly a smart guy with the right answers. Lol

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with ace.. I think he was being facetious. Wich is worse

Meatmechanic

Greenie
Jun 4, 2012
Dover De
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro , whites pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe he just likes digging the same stuff over and over and over ....................... MM

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This guy should be shot and left to rot on the beach. Bad enough to not carry out the trash but to only half refill the holes is despicable.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hes right up there with the people who bury the juice packets and beer cans so they dont have to carry them off the beach. They see a clean beach every time them go there .... and apparently believe those trash cans stay empty because everyone buries their trash instead of them being emptied by the beach crew.

Dew

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stupid people dont know they are stupid...they got it made...were the ones that have to put up with it...but some people call me stupid...I guess I should shut up now.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh.... Next time you see him out there leave one of your old finds like a fake diamond you found and drop it in the sand and around it several large washers buried around it about 10"deep.
Tell him you found a pretty productive spot and point it out then tell him you would stay and clean it out but you have to leave early.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

lostlugnut

Greenie
May 16, 2012
Emerald Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People like that need their picture taken and posted online with the caption "Here is a lazy fool that re-buries trash and gives us all a bad name". Maybe some will get the point when they see the whole world knows the level of character they are. I have gone to the beach for 4 hours and filled my pouch 5-6 times with trash, find a garbage can and empty it. All for about 75 cents in clad. I have pulled dozens of cans and bottles from deep in the sand and properly disposed of them. The point of this hobby is to get out and have fun and get some exercise and maybe find the "golden ring". If anyone thinks they are going to get rich doing this they are sadly mistaken.

Rant off...

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Cheerio's... The cereal yes it works wonders for your mine and sprint. I had the very same things happen on my home court. It always seems to be the hit and run hunters that don't come back around for months. I got this advice. Follow him/her to his/her car. The next time you see him/her. Leave the beach and sprinkle his/her car with Cheerio's Cereal. Sea Gulls love this besides the obvious poop associated with the birds, the birds fights and talons on the paint job is pretty cool too! Quite sure there won't be a trace of evidence!
BCNJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread